Lakshya - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lakshya Reviews

½ January 18, 2014
The movie starts by introducing us to about 15 characters, whom we don't even care to know. Then as it continues you begin to note the ridiculous over-acting and unintentional corniness. However, the historical story behind it, the dancing, and the charm make it an interesting view, especially to someone who is new to Bollywood films.
November 16, 2013
This is one of the best movies I've seen, truly inspirational!!!
October 8, 2013
One of the best movies ever made in bollywood
½ February 13, 2013
This Indian movie has it all, plot, scenery, action, drama, romance, and awesome dancing... I love how the filmmaker managed to incorporate Bollywood with serious war drama and not make it seem the least bit hokey or contrived... it's a little slow to start, seems like a typical trite family drama but quickly resolves into a life lesson about goals and making decisions.
October 28, 2012
One of my all time fav.
½ October 15, 2012
A not so worry-some college boy evolves into a serious army man protecting his nation. Interesting plot, great story by Farhan Akhtar. Excellent acting by Hrithik Roshan
July 26, 2012
one of the best war movies of bollywood. Hrithik's acting together with a good story makes this film a treat. You can live the moments of Karan shergil.
½ June 16, 2012
One of the best Indian films I've ever seen.
½ January 9, 2012
Definitely better than the average Bollywood fare. Head and shoulders above it.

However, the acting still leaves much to be desired‚"specially in the first half. I don't know why Indian actors cannot rise above this wooden style of acting. The dialogue delivery, in particular, always sounds like it has been learned by rote and repeated on screen. The jokes, too, fell flat. Seriously, what horrible jokes!

But the rest of the movie is good enough that you can forget the acting and enjoy a decent story and the very good music. The latter, in particular, I have no complaints about. 'Lakshya' did a great job of incorporating some very nice songs and well choreographed dances into the story. Classic Bollywood!

I also loved the acting in some scenes. The one standout was a scene where Karan (Hrithik Roshan) tells Romi (Priety Zinta) that he now has a ‚~lakshya' and it is to see the tricolour waving on a mountain peak in the distance. It's a wonderful scene and Hrithik plays the angry determination bit just right.

All that said, the story was a bit off. Javed Akhtar used James Cameron's formula of putting two fictional characters in the middle of a historic event and interweaving a love story with actual events.

However, where Jack and Rose were just two random passengers on the Titanic (and did not affect the actual historic events shown in the movie in a significant way), 'Lakshya' puts the entire emphasis of the movie on its protagonists and uses the Kargil war only as a backdrop. The events of the war shown in the movie are only marginally related to actual history, and that made the entire movie fictional.

That seemed odd to me, and left me a little unsatisfied. A more realistic portrayal of the Kargil War, with the story of these two characters deftly interwoven into the narrative, would have made for a better movie.

Overall though, 'Lakshya' is one of Bollywood's better offerings.
July 22, 2011
Farhan Akthar's most poignant piece of film-making with one of the best performances of Hrithik Roshan.
½ May 3, 2011
A bit too long but a really well made movie, very much relevant to the present youth of India!
February 15, 2011
One of the best Indian movies I saw... :)
September 30, 2010
tooo much of hrithik...preety looks very preety in this one
½ September 2, 2010
hrithik's superb acting!. story is not so nic. der r unnecesary conversations & songs. direction is ok. it's not gr8 only bcoz of story.
August 24, 2010
i jst love it with no words.... :)
August 4, 2010
Impressive! Not bad for an Indian war film. Hrithik Roshan really puts 100% into his performance. Personally this has got to be my favourite film with Hrithik Roshan. The action was very good and the cinematography. The songs could've been a little bit better.
½ July 6, 2010
July 2, 2010
Its very slow paced but this movie gives me a message////////