Lara Croft Tomb Raider - The Cradle of Life - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lara Croft Tomb Raider - The Cradle of Life Reviews

½ March 25, 2017
pretty unwatchable. a evil company wants to exterminate all life on earth opening the pandora box because they believed they can find the cure once the pure death its released...
½ January 31, 2017
A worthy, bigger, exciting sequel slightly let down by a rather unremarkable finale. Perhaps a little too long but the action sequences, great cast and well chosen villain make it worth your time.
January 14, 2017
2017-01-14 better than expected. GB is still a jerk.
November 24, 2016
So after Simon West didn't direct the Tomb Raider sequel, out comes Jan De Bont to direct it. If this is the same director that only did Speed, I would've been fine with it, but it's also from the same director as Speed 2, the remake of The Haunting, and the disappointing, but visually dazzling, Twister. So I wasn't expecting much from it and thought that it was going to be just as bad as the first movie. While Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life is better than Speed 2 and The Haunting, and is actually a bit of an improvement from the first one, but it's an all right film. The acting is good, and Angelina Jolie still does a great job as Laura Croft. The plot is not much better and is like the first movie. The effects sometimes look impressive, and sometimes look either off, or silly. There's humor in it which would actually help the film, but all the jokes were just flat and unfunny. The action sequences are great in it, and is actually better than the first movie. The coolest part of the movie, is the last 30 minutes where it gets dark which in a surprise twist, got me even more interested and wanted more of that. Overall, it doesn't disrespect the Tomb Raider games, although there were some moments that were a bit bothersome to me, but it's more or less the same stuff you seen before, and it could've been better.
½ November 18, 2016
Intelligent but unintelligent. Brainy by brainless. Parts of this film are very clever in a strange unconventional kind of way but there are so many outlandish, offbeat scenes that don't make sense. Like the beginning where she rides a shark and then gets taken out of the sea by a submarine. Most action scenes are very unrealistic and many of the lines are corny but there is no denying how fun and entertaining this film is just like the first one, and I did like Gerard Butler accompanying Angelina Jolie, who was kicking more ass.
½ November 7, 2016
Sympa mais memes defauts que le 1er. On se retrouve avec une histoire un peu nunuche et une fin baclee.
October 14, 2016
Tomb Raider almost without any tombs. And that's not even the worst problem this film has. While the first film was at the very least watchable, this one isn't. It's too long, the story make absolutely no sense, the pacing is weird, ... It's just so boring and definietly one of the worst film experiences for me. The only plus I will give this film is the soundtrack that reminded me of the Tomb Raider: Legend game and that's it.
September 3, 2016
Could escape the destiny of being a sequel. The prequel was not that good either.
August 20, 2016
Angelina was still en fuego back then but that's literally the only thing going for this dud. Boo Netflix.
jamrcla
½ July 30, 2016
A good sequal it was better in some ways and not as good in other compared to the first, Jolie plays Lara brilliant again and the screen connection with Butler was believable, Action good, Story same old same old, Worth adding to the dvd collection.
½ June 25, 2016
The action scenes were entertaining, but ridiculously unrealistic. Angelina Jolie's acting wasn't great. The plot is simple but easy to follow and kind of stupid. I don't recommend the movie
½ June 23, 2016
A lazy and unnecessary sequel. The action is insanely choreographed and the story is super weird.
June 6, 2016
Not as fun as the first one.
½ June 5, 2016
58% The Cradle of Life is an improvement over the original, and the lack of thrills is somewhat compensated. But is still not enough to recommend this unnecessary sequel to the unnecessary adaptation.
February 6, 2016
is this a great film? No, but it's damn entertaining and Angelina Jolie is as sexy as ever as Lara Croft.
½ January 17, 2016
I personally enjoyed this movie. It's an older one, but I've watched it more then once, and that being said, it has to be fairly decent for me to even take the time out of my day to do.
January 17, 2016
Angelina Jolie is perfect for the role as Lara Croft. Great action movie with interesting plot.
January 11, 2016
To me, this second installment is not superior to the first movie, It delivers more action and a better plot, but again fails to give you any emotional impact or believeable characters (besides Lara).
September 22, 2015
C'mon, it's at least entertaining! A-