Larger Than Life: The Kevyn Aucoin Story Reviews

• Jul 10, 2018

Tiffany Bartok is THE director to watch. She beautifully and brilliantly captured the life and mystery of Kevyn Aucoin, the unforgettable 1990's fashion scene and the creation & rise of the makeup industry we know today. Not only does Tiffany show the glamour and hardships of Kevyn's life but she manages to find a way to make anyone watching this film find something they so deeply connect. It doesn't matter if you are gay, white, black, a supermodel, fan of the era, grew up in NYC or Louisiana, young, old, or everything in between you will find something in this film that will speak to your soul and change your life. By far one of my favorite documentaries and films of all time!

• Jun 19, 2018

I don't even know where to begin writing about seeing the documentary movie "LARGER THAN LIFE: the Kevyn Aucoin Story" it brought me back to the majesty of creativity in fashion, beauty, music and art that completely encapsulated the 90's. The INCREDIBLE supermodels, the fashion designers, hairstylists, fashion directors and stylists.....and then there was KEVYN AUCOIN an artist beyond measure or compare...no one did what he did....no one can do what he did, what he created, what he introduced to the arena of makeup and makeup artistry will never be replicated or duplicated. THANK YOU Tiffany Bartok for your incredible movie that showed so much of his incredible life, and his immeasurable talent...thank you for bringing all of those creative, iconic people from the industry into your movie to speak about Kevyn (you all brought him and his HUGE HANDS!!! ?????? back to life in this movie ??) thank you so much for bringing ME back to life creatively for 2 hours ?? I must admit I'm sad to leave the iconic 90's and go back to the real world.... a world without Kevyn ??