Heartbreaker (L'Arnacoeur) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Heartbreaker (L'Arnacoeur) Reviews

April 22, 2013
one of the best romantic comedies I've seen in a long time
April 5, 2013
fell in love with romain duris and vanessa paradis after watching this one!
March 23, 2013
Cute french ro co....
½ March 20, 2013
Love is a wonderful thing :) >3
½ March 19, 2013
Very good story and really touching story and of course well found.
March 14, 2013
pretty funny romantic movie - some holes in the story but it doesnt matter, its a comedy!
March 10, 2013
Lots of fun! If you like a break from
Hollywood romcom, this is a great choice.
½ March 8, 2013
Very silly & funny at the same time!
February 3, 2013
Really good!! Clever and great script!
½ January 28, 2013
This was a very fun story. It isn't a completely original idea, but somehow it is better in French.
January 13, 2013
Pursued by creditors and helped by his married sister, a man is hired to break up a happy woman's wedding.
Stuck between screwball comedy that allows Alex to emerge unscathed from a high-speed collision with a car and honest romance that features Alex and Juliette staring longingly into the sunset, Heartbreaker is a mixed bag that is charming and funny when it's good and insufferably sophomoric when it's bad. Its understanding of relationships seems drawn from Cosmo articles as the film expects us to be that a few faked tears will destroy a relationship, but the stars, Romain Duris and Vanessa Paradis, are able to make badly written scenes plausible.
Overall, I liked Heartbreaker in spite of itself.
½ January 8, 2013
Charming. Yes, that is a good word to describe this one. Highly improbable situations and a highly predictable story, but this film still managed to enchant, and yes, to actually prompt laughter! Romain Duris as Alex, the professional relationship buster, and Vanessa Paradis as Juliette, his latest target, sparkle in this French romantic comedy. The supporting cast is nearly perfect as well. The dialog crackles, the villains are drawn largely (and physically large) and the action is practically non-stop. There is a lot going on, but the crux of the story is about the sparks between the two principals. A lovely, lively, ultimately entertaining film.
½ January 5, 2013
Heartbreaker is a laugh outloud and tender French romantic comedy. Intriguing plotline. First time I've really seen Johnny Depp's former love and mother of his children in a film. The real charming standout is Romain Duris, the lead character.
December 28, 2012
Even Louie liked this one..<3 Vanessa Paradis
December 28, 2012
OMG!! Such a funny and sweet and romantic movie!! Vanessa Paradis shines in this! And her costar is awesome too!
November 26, 2012
As far as romantic comedies go, this is up there with French Kiss and Starship Troopers.
½ October 30, 2012
Chaumeil hands us a smooth and enjoyable work, perfect for a Sunday afternoon. Nothing more than a funny and cool romantic comedy with subtle slashes of a different action because of the 'breaking relationships' plot, always in a soft touch. I point out the chemistry between the two main actors, one of the film's main qualities, and specially Romain Duris that is becoming an essential actor of french contemporary cinema, commercial as independent.

A 'feel-good' movie destined to amuse the public and that achieves well his mission in a dynamic and pleasuring way
October 22, 2012
Goofy and fun, although highly predictable as most romantic comedies have become, regardless of the country of origin. At least it's set in a beautiful locale with a gorgeous language. Although I can't say the same for the female love interest, who kind of reminded me of a skeleton.
½ October 14, 2012
I'm not a huge Paradais fan but the movie is sweet.
October 6, 2012
I absolutely love this movie. So much more than a same old same old rom-com!