Larry Crowne - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Larry Crowne Reviews

January 4, 2016
Tom Hanks tries hard as the good-natured title character, but there's little charm in the film's banal and unappealing script.
½ December 26, 2015
one of the weirdest movies ever.
December 24, 2015
Despite a warm performance from Tom Hanks, and an introduction to the talented abilities of Gugu Mbatha-Raw, this film is nothing more than a cliched filled, unoriginal romantic drama with little substantial comedy.
November 14, 2015
Perushömppää hyvillä näyttelijöillä ryyditettynä. ;) (Suom. Larry Crowne - Uusi mahdollisuus)
September 26, 2015
Not the greatest romantic comedy. A lot of the premise that put him into the situation is a little ridiculous. But it is still very sweet.
September 15, 2015
This film feels good all the way through...Way under rated in my book!!!
September 12, 2015
9/11/15 I just didn't really care about the characters. So I didn't care about their story. Julia Roberts character is just a bitch THe only thing that the film has going for it is that it is not the usual Rom-Com formula. It's actually not quite clear who the love story is between for the first 2/3rds of the film. I found that there was almost no chemistry between the two stars, so some of the other reviews surprised me. Not really worth the time.
½ July 9, 2015
not an awesome movie, but enough really amusing parts to hide my disappointment
June 28, 2015
Love this movie. I still watch it again and again.
June 20, 2015
Heartfelt, fun, although, yes, predictable, Larry Crowne is still a nice, feel-good film, with excellent performances.
April 16, 2015
Bland and hopelessly conventional, Larry Crowne is a light-hearted comedy that doesn't strive to be anything more than that, but the seamless chemistry between mega stars Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts is enjoyable to watch.
½ April 10, 2015
so lame we need a new word for lame
April 10, 2015
Tom Hanks stars, directs and co-writes Larry Crowne. Larry Crowne has just been laid off a Costco like establishment for lack of a college education, and finds himself in a mid-year crisis. He decides the only thing he can do is go back to college at a small community college where he meets a speech professor Mercedes Tainot (Julia Roberts). She too finds herself in a mid year crisis, and the inevitable romances slowly starts to bud. Larry Crowne was quite a boring movie that featured poor side characters, lack of direction and little character development. Tom Hank's debut is quite disappointing and despite the cast, this movie can be easily missed.
March 20, 2015
Harmless... but thats it.
March 17, 2015
Never seen that. In the Big Screen. Bye!?!
February 14, 2015
What makes this a very decent feel-good film is the chemistry of Hanks and Roberts performing their usual while having such a good-nature spirit with some help from their supportive cast members, even when the film was simply performed. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
½ February 9, 2015
An odd romantic comedy. Larry (Tom Hanks, looking Botoxed) is Mercedes's (Julia Roberts) student at college. Her marriage is on the rocks. While he slowly gets made over by some young classmates, she ditches her husband. The attraction between Larry and Mercedes seems to come out of nowhere, as do the friendships Larry forms with a young gang of scooter enthusiasts. But the chemistry between Hanks and Roberts is sweet and there are some funny scenes.
½ January 25, 2015
Un total despropósito esta película.
½ January 25, 2015
Larry Crowne is bland, cliched, and is excruciatingly boring. You won't give a care about any of its boring characters, its story, or Larry's main goal, if any. What a waste of good talent.
A fifty something, Larry Crowne, gets fired from his job because of his lack of a college degree. Due to the overwhelming economy, Larry goes to college and falls in love with his professor, played by a disgruntled Julia Roberts. Cedric the Entertainer and Bryan Cranston, who is far from Walter White in his unneeded role, are also stuck in the film for no reason.
Larry Crowne blows, plain and simple. It's a cliched and boring rom com at its finest, embarassingly written by the star himself, Tom Hanks. You won't care about any of the characters, the dialogue is so corny and unrealistic, but the viewers are supposed to root for our bland but good hearted protagonist. Scenes like Hanks joining a gang of scooter enthusiasts will even make the biggest Hanks fans like myself facepalm in horrid writing. The jokes are a whole different level of awfulness. Skip Larry Crowne, see another self titled Hanks film like Captain Phillips or Forrest Gump.
½ January 21, 2015
Un total despropósito esta película.