Larry Crowne - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Larry Crowne Reviews

April 5, 2016
I really enjoyed this movie. It wasnt great, but it was a throwback to some of the chick flicks of the 90's which they dont really make anymore. Had that sort of feel to it. Not an over the top romantic comedy but it was still there.
½ March 29, 2016
I enjoyed this small film. It was not epic, nor was it meant to be. It had humor, warmth, and enough real life truths to keep both my and my husband's interest throughout. Themes of changing society, life transitions, disappointment, economic woes, burnout, downsizing, and relationship loss were lightly touched upon with an over all resilient outlook. I liked that Hanks played a middle aged man with real life experience returning to college when he was downsized due to bias that his life experience was inferior to a college diploma. The touch of truth is that non-traditional students are usually the best because they are the most passionate learners. All the characters added something to the story. It was formulaic in that you knew what would happen, but that did not detract (at least for me) from the charm of this little story. I don't know why I am in the minority, but I liked it very much.
March 26, 2016
great movie. captures the human element very well.
½ March 22, 2016
I see that it got bad reviews, but I actually quite enjoyed this one. I love Hanks and Roberts, so that's a good start. Just a cute movie.
½ February 2, 2016
Larry Crowne (Tom Hanks) es despedido de la compañía de supermercados para la que trabajo, pese a ser muy bueno en su trabajo. La razón que recibe es que no cuenta con formación universitaria. Frustrado y ahogado por las deudas, Larry no perderá el optimismo y regresará a la universidad en donde encontrará nuevos recursos, aprenderá a hablar en público, formará parte de un colorido grupo de motociclistas y se sentirá atraido por su profesora de Oratoria, Mercedes Tainot (Julia Roberts) quien ha perdido pasión por la enseñanza y en su vida, en general. Dviertida, buenos diálogos, y situaciones cómicas. // Larry Crowne (Tom Hanks) will be downsized from the supermarket company he works for. The excuse he gets is that he doesn't have a college education. Facing problems with his mortgage and without a clue about his future, Larry decides to start college, wich will change his life. Larry will be part of a colorful group of bikers, but will also learn Economy and to speak in publick in his Public Speaking class where he will develo a sudden crush on his teacher, Mercedes Tainot (Julia Roberts), who has lost passion for teaching and in life in general....
½ February 1, 2016
It was fun
I love the cast.
January 11, 2016
I have watched this movie nearly a dozen times, while it's not deep, it's just fun. Never gets old.
January 4, 2016
Tom Hanks tries hard as the good-natured title character, but there's little charm in the film's banal and unappealing script.
½ December 26, 2015
one of the weirdest movies ever.
December 24, 2015
Despite a warm performance from Tom Hanks, and an introduction to the talented abilities of Gugu Mbatha-Raw, this film is nothing more than a cliched filled, unoriginal romantic drama with little substantial comedy.
November 14, 2015
Perushömppää hyvillä näyttelijöillä ryyditettynä. ;) (Suom. Larry Crowne - Uusi mahdollisuus)
September 26, 2015
Not the greatest romantic comedy. A lot of the premise that put him into the situation is a little ridiculous. But it is still very sweet.
September 15, 2015
This film feels good all the way through...Way under rated in my book!!!
September 12, 2015
9/11/15 I just didn't really care about the characters. So I didn't care about their story. Julia Roberts character is just a bitch THe only thing that the film has going for it is that it is not the usual Rom-Com formula. It's actually not quite clear who the love story is between for the first 2/3rds of the film. I found that there was almost no chemistry between the two stars, so some of the other reviews surprised me. Not really worth the time.
½ July 9, 2015
not an awesome movie, but enough really amusing parts to hide my disappointment
June 28, 2015
Love this movie. I still watch it again and again.
June 20, 2015
Heartfelt, fun, although, yes, predictable, Larry Crowne is still a nice, feel-good film, with excellent performances.
April 16, 2015
Bland and hopelessly conventional, Larry Crowne is a light-hearted comedy that doesn't strive to be anything more than that, but the seamless chemistry between mega stars Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts is enjoyable to watch.
½ April 10, 2015
so lame we need a new word for lame
April 10, 2015
Tom Hanks stars, directs and co-writes Larry Crowne. Larry Crowne has just been laid off a Costco like establishment for lack of a college education, and finds himself in a mid-year crisis. He decides the only thing he can do is go back to college at a small community college where he meets a speech professor Mercedes Tainot (Julia Roberts). She too finds herself in a mid year crisis, and the inevitable romances slowly starts to bud. Larry Crowne was quite a boring movie that featured poor side characters, lack of direction and little character development. Tom Hank's debut is quite disappointing and despite the cast, this movie can be easily missed.