The Last Broadcast Reviews

• 4d ago

One of the first footage footage horrors. low budget but worth a watch just to see what movie influenced the string of other found footage movies

• Jan 10, 2020

*Spoiler Warning* This is, perhaps, the only horror film I can think of which managed to terrify me only to unravel all the potential it had. Throughout most of it, I was really impressed by the mysticism of the whole affair. By refusing to give a clear view or a definitive answer of any kind as to who the killer was (regardless of how many tapes the investigators were able to recover), the film proved to be ambiguously terrifying in the sense that it refused to anchor itself in reality, which is one of my favorite things to see in horror. While watching it, I was ready to rank it alongside Man Bites Dog, The Blair Witch Project and [REC] as one of my favorite found footage films of all time. Disappointingly though, the ending revealed that there was no Jersey Devil and that the director was the killer all along. Is this reveal surprising? Sure. Does it greatly undermine the value of the film's greatness in the process though? Absolutely. The reason I'm giving the film a few points though are due to the fact that the structure of it is, admittedly, really appealing (again, not including the ending). While the director initially maintains his objectivity for the first half of the film, giving a The Thin Blue Line feel to it, he's forced to abandon his objectivity and start raising implications as to what could've really happened once the stakes of the case are greatly raised. As a whole though, this is definitely my biggest disappointment in a long time due to how great of a film it was shaping up to be. Oh well, at least I won't have to worry about having nightmares tonight.

• Oct 15, 2018

Any comparisons between this and The Blair Witch Project are ridiculous. This is not scary at all and constantly feels like a low budget mess. The acting is noticeably bad which doesn't help.

• Aug 16, 2015

*extensive fart noises*

*extensive fart noises*

• Jul 30, 2015

I found myself hyped and waiting for something that never came.

I found myself hyped and waiting for something that never came.

• May 23, 2015

It was actually a decent concept with a good twist. I thought it made more sense than The Blair Witch Project, which is a contemporary.

• Jan 13, 2015

This movie starts with so much promise, but about 1/3 of the way in, it starts circling around the same points over and over, and the ending, which is somewhat predictable, takes the viewer out of the movie completely.

• Jun 27, 2014

not bad with an ending im still not sure about

not bad with an ending im still not sure about

• Jun 17, 2014

love this film- apart from the stupid as hell ending

love this film- apart from the stupid as hell ending

• Apr 29, 2014

Creepy in parts, and easy to draw ties with the Blair witch project - then you see this came out first.