Last Days Here - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Last Days Here Reviews

January 18, 2013
Rarely do you see a documentary where you are puling so hard for someone like Bobby Liebling. We shouldn't care about this worn out rock star who's pissed away every opportunity that's ever been handed to him. This is a man who has bitten the hand of every poor sucker who's tried to feed him, so why should we care? Something strange happens during this film, however. We start to believe in him.

We find ourselves thinking, "Yeah, he may have fucked up in the past, but he seems like a good enough dude." Even when he's seemingly taking advantage of one of his few supporters, his manager Pellet, you still want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Life and his own demons kick this guy in the nuts on a consistent basis, but he still seems genuinely relatable somehow. He's like he's an old bandmate of ours. You know, that righteous son-of-a-bitch that we can never kick out of the group.

Not many films have you rooting for such a slacker anti-hero, but Bobby is the ultimate crack smoking, heroin shooting, pill popping underdog. Just when you think he'll never recover, he comes storming back. If not for the persistence of friend and manager Pellet, this rebirth never happens. This film truly shows you the power of friendship.

Absolutely brilliantly paced, this doc is Film Editing 101. I could only imagine what went into putting this thing together. All those years of footage, Bobby's transformation, jumping from city to city, these filmmakers deserve all the credit they receive for this venture. Not only that, this film has what may be the most shocking ending we've seen in a long time. I did NOT see that coming...
½ December 23, 2012
(Watched Sun 9 Sep 2012)
½ December 18, 2012
Interesting documentary on Bobby Leibling of Pentagram with a rare real-life happy ending. The film ditches some genre conventions by not spending much time on history and keeping the home movie feel but in doing so it ends up feeling less like a film and more like an A&E show. Bobby's incredible story is the star and that makes up for the lack of style and finesse. Sections dealing with his addiction are tough to watch but never played as exploitation. A must-see for metal fans.
½ December 15, 2012
Crack addict doom metal pioneer living in his parents basement makes a comeback. Oddly touching.
½ November 19, 2012
Unlike some documentaries in the same vein, I was actually in suspense of whether or not things would work out or not; in fact I thought they wouldn't. It was a pleasant surprise when they did.
November 7, 2012
Do not miss this brilliant story of Pentagram.....the masters of doom! Utterly, utterly brilliant \m/
½ October 30, 2012
Fascinating and tragic doc on the strung out singer of Pentagram. If you're a fan of rock docs like 'Lemmy' and 'Dig', you shouldn't miss this one.
½ October 24, 2012
Im getting soft in my old age - this is another terrific film. Ive seen plenty lately. This is all about an ageing rocker who is really fucked up and thinks
he's going to die.

I wont give the end away but its a beautiful piece of cinema that builds on the Rockumentary of Anvil - The Story of Anvil.

Im surprised this didnt get more press, its wonderful.
October 9, 2012
Similar to Anvil, this documentry deals with a band that makes a resurgance.
October 3, 2012
I totally couldn't get into this movie. Found it disturbing and sad and pathetic and at times disgusting.
½ September 24, 2012
truly unbelievable story of a dude rising from the depths of drug addiction to get his due and claim to fame.
September 20, 2012
A story of addiction and redemption that is unlike anything you have ever seen! Bobby Liebling and his band Pentagram, should have been America's answer to Black Sabbath. But, a series of missed opportunities and a horrifyingly bad drug habit. Kept this very talented musician and his music from the limelight. This gripping documentary focuses on Liebling and the few people in his life, that have not given up hope. That he will kick his habit, face his demons, and make a triumphant return to the stage. This shouldn't be missed!
½ August 26, 2012
Drugs are bad, mmm'kay.
August 26, 2012
Saw on Netflix. Great movie!
August 23, 2012
It was cool to see Pellet & there's even a pic of Schultzcore in the documentary. Interesting check it out
August 22, 2012
A score from Stars of the Lid!
August 20, 2012
Wow! If you're a fan of Pentagram, stoner rock, or music in general... Watch NOW! Incredible.
½ June 2, 2012
A truly gripping documentary!
March 30, 2012
this sounds like an amazing metal doc, about someone that I totally don't know, but still, the story just seems amazing.