The Last Days of Frank and Jesse James - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Last Days of Frank and Jesse James Reviews

July 5, 2016
100123: How the hell does this movie get five stars? Oh, I see. It only has two ratings (at time of writing), obviously from non-connoisseurs of the western. Decent story but the acting sucks, likely because the primary stars sing for their day jobs. Someone probably thought putting a few infamous singers into a western would result in ticket purchases? Don't know if it did but those moviegoers were probably a little disappointed. Watch it or don't; won't likely matter either way.
April 21, 2009
A film in which cowboys sit about saying very little while all the action happens between scenes out of our sight. After i almost passed out with boredom I managed to wake up long enough to remove the DVD from the drive and rescue myself from a coma.
July 1, 2008
Awesome movie with a great cast..Marcia Cross from Desperate Housewives, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson..OMG!!!!
June 20, 2008
Not bad for a made for TV production. Pretty good dialog. More of a drama than an action/western. Bottom line is I enjoyed seeing Johnny Cash in a western.
May 24, 2008
While this is a well-made film, I just personally didn't enjoy it. Maybe this is because the celebrity status of outlaws strikes a wrong cord with me. The pacing is kind of slow and I felt myself wishing they'd show more of Frank and Jesse's so-called glory days. The acting is good yet I was kind of creeped out with Johnny Cash's wife playing his character's mother in the film.
½ March 31, 2008
Some country legends do the James brothers justice in retelling their story!!!!
November 5, 2007
Johnny Cash! yes,I want to see this one...
October 12, 2007
no one better than Cash and Kristofferson...and Willie too of course!
October 3, 2007