Last Hour Reviews

½ May 13, 2014
Well I guess I'm going to be one of the few who will give this movie more than a 1 star rating. This movie oddly has a few things working against it. First of all, its labeled as an action thriller but there really isn't much action in it until the last 20 minutes, so it's rather misleading. Second, I don't know if it's been addressed but depending on which disc you get, there could be a serious sound issue which makes it annoying to look at because the audio sounds muffled; bad trans-coding I guess. In any case, I think those two things may make tempers shorter while viewing the film. NOW FOR THE REVIEW: The Last Hour is more of a mind bender with much less but decent action in the end and makes the viewers think a little harder to figure out what's going on. It's very slow to get started because the information isn't spoon fed to you, but I think it's by design because the Director takes time to introduce each character in their comfort zones before they get seduced into the ultimate mind game that will test their individual wits. I don't think it's necessary to comment on each character in great detail, but I will say that some characters had better scripts and put on more convincing performances than others, but in all... it was quite entertaining in my opinion. About 52 minutes into it... the movie kicks into high gear by getting much more interesting, much more suspenseful, and faster paced leading up to a killer twist in the end. That said... If I say more, I might give away too much information. All that I've said thus far should be enough to interest you in watching this movie, and if it hasn't interested you yet, then you might want to pass on this one anyway.
May 13, 2014
good thriller that partially plays out in real time as a group of criminals find themselves in a house with only 1 hour to live.
½ May 13, 2014
DMX, Paul Sorvino, David Carradine and Micheal Madsen must not be able to tell the difference anymore between doing a good movie and doing complete crap. The acting was so horrible and with this cast it shouldn't have been. But it was. The sound was awful. The story was atrocious. And common sense seemd to step out the door with this movie. Please, good Lord take me, so you can save others from this garbage.
December 31, 2008
Not worth the time to read the title.
½ June 29, 2008
This is one of those films that's so bad that it's actually good. While Paul Sorvino, Michael Madsen, and David Carradine are all great actors, everyone else in the film has rather limited acting skills. The production and film quality is rather poor and some of the pacing is off, but when you get past all that (if you're able, and I won't blame you if you don't) there's actually a pretty engaging mystery film that was gripping enough to have me watch this film twice.
April 6, 2008
The description of the film sounded a lot better than it turned out. It's a bit of a jumbled mess and lacks a cohesive plot. I lost interest in it after the half hour mark.