The Last Of The Finest Reviews

• Aug 19, 2018

Decent-Average cop thriller/action movie. It doesn't do all that much to raise it above straight-to-video standards, but it's got an amazing cast that work well together, so that raises its pedigree a bit. I did dig the moral dilemma that is presented to these guys at the end.

• Mar 15, 2015

Very blah cop thriller about four good cops who get suspended under suspicious circumstances following a drug bust. The team, led by Brian Dennehy and including Joe Pantoliano, Jeff Fahey and Bill Paxton, then go rogue to clear their names and uncover the corrupt officials behind their suspension. Xander Berkeley plays one of his usual weirdos and Pamela Gidley (Cherry 2000!) also star in the film. I wasn't really expecting much from this film, but I had my hopes up because Dennehy always delivers (even in stupid natural disaster movies) and the film was directed by John Mackenzie, who's previously made the classic British crime film, "The Long Good Friday." Despite the film's pedigree, it really doesn't feel all that different from your average direct-to-video cop film.

• Aug 19, 2013

The Last Of The Finest is an okay action film that is saved by solid acting and decent action scenes. Unfortunately, this film has a problem of taking itself too seriously which is problematic because the plot isn't particularly good or engaging, making some parts of the film drag on for too long. Overall though, this film manages to save itself from being awful and is a decent action flick to watch if you haven't got anything better to do.

• Mar 06, 2010

I saw this when i came out and i remember it being really good.I hope i can find it on DVD...

• Oct 03, 2008

aka Blue Heat. You can't go wrong with a film with The Dennehy in although it is never going to be a classic. He and his mates are super cops who after being fired take it upon themselves to take on the bad guys.