The Last Sentinel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Last Sentinel Reviews

June 14, 2015
I have suffered through many strange sci fi movies. This one was weak in so many different areas.
½ March 30, 2014
"Johnson may crank up the energy, but the rest is overkill."
½ January 17, 2014
It starts off dull and unexciting, but picks up in several places. The film seems to rip off several others, and is only mildly entertaining for a few scenes. The rest is slow, boring, and dumb. The final act though is quite decent and has several good action scenes. It's not a great film, but it might be worth a check out.
November 2, 2013
This was shot in one afternoon at one oil refinery ... Sad....
½ December 9, 2012
I have to agree with the post on here by Kim W...
'The one star is *only* because Katee Sackhoff is mostly nude at 32 minues in...otherwise the movie was absolute crap'
But I would only just give half a Star !....not one complete !
October 20, 2012
Its good for a tv action movie. lots of action
June 15, 2012
The story was good but the special effect and background a sucks!
½ May 13, 2012
This was a very bad movie.
½ May 10, 2011
Very disappointiing and not very exciting film. Cheap special effects set on a very small film location.
½ February 7, 2011
As much as I enjoyed Sackhoff in BSG and as much as I love The Dragon Wilson, The Last Sentinel just made absolutely no sense. Here we apparently have the last of an elite unit fighting an unstoppable force of "drones" but both forces just stand out in the open firing at each other. There are no tactics involved and neither force seems to have any aim. It's almost as though I was watching an episode of the GI Joe cartoon.
And how is it these "drones" have been so hard to defeat? They die from bullets just as easily as a human, they can be killed in hand to hand just as easily as a human and as stated previously, they just stand out in the open firing. Sure they have slightly more strength and don't need to sleep but I couldn't understand how the human race was having such a hard time beating them and that was just one terrible aspect of the film's story.
Too many questions without any answers with action that just wasn't believable enough to work.
With the look of Universal Soldier, The Last Sentinel might have worked as a direct to video release, but truth is... it just doesn't work.
November 1, 2010
I could see this one being made on the coat tails of Universal Soldier to at least recoup the cost of the production, but making a B-movie of this caliper in 2007? Why? Dismal story, poor concept, abysmal acting. If you want to waste a couple hours this is the one, otherwise leave it on the shelf and keep moving -- nothing to see here.
½ June 29, 2010
This was a very bad movie.
½ June 21, 2010
That was certainly a lot of rounds of blanks.
½ January 12, 2010
This has got to be one of the WORST movies EVER. Absolutely 100%, pure dreck. A blemish on American cinema. Anybody who enjoyed this movie is as clueless as the pople who made and "starred" in it. The only reason it gets half a star is because there isn't an option to give it nothing.
½ November 22, 2009
This sci-fi actioner stars Katee Sachoff of "Battlestar Galactic" fame. Surprising decent and fairly compently made, with nice use of a stylized look; everything is sort of desaturated and slightly bleached, other than the blood. The plot is generic, but the characters are engaging and the action was good.
½ October 17, 2009
One whole star for the action scenes in the beginning, and 1/2 of a star for Katee Sackhoff half boob scene 30 or so minutes into the film. The movie started off with hopeful action scenes and reminded me of the video game, Half Life. It was almost a popcorn munching action flick until the hero and heroine went into the "Drone Control Center" to collect some data. The control center consisted of two 1980s circa computers and an aviation radio. Was that "SkyNet?" Not even close. From this point on the movie reminded me of a cross between TMNT and the Power Rangers. I laughed out loud at the pure cheese. I have a pretty low standard for good movies, but this hit borderline. The low rating is only a measure of the film on a masterpiece scale, however this doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy it. Only watch this if you're looking for action and cheese.
½ August 27, 2009
An epic failure of a SciFi Channel original movie. I had to keep watching in order to see just how bad the train wreck got. It got bad. Don't watch unless you want your brain to hurt.
July 25, 2009
A film that never really lives up to it's potential. The plot is very thin, and comes to a very convenient end that has the feel of "we're out of time and perhaps money", rather than a logical conclusion. It's disappointing to discover that it's just another film riding on an actors / series' popularity. It hypes up the fact that it stars Katee Sackhoff, aka Starbuck, even going so far as to put her in the forefront of the box cover. But she is at best a supporting character to the special ops soldier 'Talos' who is undeniable the focal point of the story, in another 'humanising' journey for a bred for war soldier. All in all, worth the watch only to say you've seen it. But if possible don't pay anything for the privilege.
½ June 28, 2009
Okay so a crappy movie, but someones in it....
½ May 14, 2009
I liked this movie - it's a story about not giving up, and being the best you can be at whatever you do. Not great, but it's acceptable.