The Last Shot Reviews

• Jan 28, 2018

"Why have you seen so many dead people?" " I use to direct music videos." Great cast, quite funny.

• Jul 29, 2015

A little bit of everything is mixed into this flavorful stew of a comedy-drama and it's quite tasty indeed.

• Mar 27, 2015

another pic about the workings of tinseltown

another pic about the workings of tinseltown

• Dann M Super Reviewer
    Apr 28, 2014

Based on a true story, The Last Shot is a fun, satirical comedy that's full of laughs. In an attempt to bring down a mob boss the FBI sets up an elaborate sting operation posing as movie producers, but before long the fake movie they're making starts to take on a life of its own. The writing is pretty good and includes some interesting commentary about Hollywood and the tactics used by the FBI. Matthew Broderick, Alec Baldwin, Tony Shalhoub, and Calista Flockhart lead the cast and deliver some impressive performances. But, the character development is weak and there are some extraneous subplots that don't payoff. Yet, The Last Shot overcomes its script issues and delivers an entertaining film that tells an unusual tale of life and art blurring together.

• Apr 10, 2014

Joe Devine: Delores, I have these presents I wanna give to Sasha. Where is she? Delores: I'm sorry, sir. Your dog is dead. She killed herself. Joe Devine: What? Delores: The Jacuzzi. She threw herself into the Jacuzzi. I tried to find you. It was horrible. Joe Devine: Oh, no. Maybe she fell in. Delores: Oh, there was a witness. Alejandro, the gardener's son. It was suicide. Joe Devine: Suicide? Delores: She was lonely. She couldn't stand it any more. Joe Devine: Then why the f*** didn't you go outside and play with her? Throw the little red ball with her? Delores: I'm sorry, Mr Devine. I know you loved that dog. On Tuesday, she dug up all the flowers and then took a dump in the kitchen. I believe that was her note. In 1985, a big mafia boss named Paul Castenello was murdered in front of Sparks Steakhouse in Manhattan.

• Mar 20, 2014

Loved it! Hilarious! A satire comedy on everyone's fascination with and dreams about the movies. A great cast and script. Even the opening titles were good. Fun movie.

• Dec 10, 2013

A fine cast and an interesting idea do not a movie make. The end credits rolled while I was still scratching my head waiting to laugh at something. Anything.

• Aug 12, 2012

Boring balls. Balls of condensed boredom, thrown at your face for 90 minutes.

Boring balls. Balls of condensed boredom, thrown at your face for 90 minutes.

• Brendan N Super Reviewer
    May 06, 2012

the one joke premise becomes terribly boring after a while. the film promises a lot with the cast of interesting actors but sadly they can't save this one.

• Nov 29, 2011

Alec Baldwin and Matthew Broderick are fantastic in this movie. The movie as a whole was alright; had some pretty funny lines. But the story was kind of blah to me, which is surprising because I love true stories. Just a one-time watch for me.