The Last Stand - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Last Stand Reviews

February 4, 2016
The Last Stand is another guilty pleasure movie and is a lot like Commando, which is also guilty pleasure fun. Schwarzenegger is an action star.
½ January 17, 2016
It's uneven, and frankly has too many characters who don't really need to be there, but boy is it fun. Arnold shows that he still has it, being a complete badass with weapons and fists. The action is crazy, not too grueling, and a lot of fun. It's not perfect by any means, but it'll fill your heart desires.
½ December 26, 2015
I Like Good Movies, Sometimes I Like Bad Movies, But This is Kind of Decent, Not as Good as True Lies and Defently not as good as the Terminator, It's Not Tooooooo Bad and Toooooo Awful.
It Just Feels The Same.

My Score Opinion: 71/100
½ December 23, 2012
One of Arnold's best films in the 21st century
February 17, 2013
A hilarious, one-of-a-kind gem.
January 3, 2016
It is a decent film, kinda western meets drug lord showdown. Not much to say except it is a typical Arnold action film. It is funny at times and action pacted other times. Decent watch.
½ January 3, 2016
A jumbled mess, a failed blend of action and comedy.
½ December 19, 2015
Schwarzenegger is in full beast mode in this thrilling ride of a movie!
November 8, 2015
Not bad, but I feel Arnold could have found a more promising script to join
½ November 3, 2015
This film's not quite sure what it wants to be - sometimes graphic deaths, sometimes funny quips, often too-loud car scenes, lots of unnecessary side-plots with characters that are barely in the film... Arnie's OK, but seems to be phoning it in, and Whitaker & Knoxville are barely in more than 2 scenes. It's all a little pointless and could've been much more fun.
March 21, 2014
É um filme mediano em quase todos os aspectos, mas não podemos negar que a única razão de alguém ver este filme chama-se Arnold Schwarzenegger e no seu retorno, embora se note o peso da idade, é a peça fundamental que mantêm a atenção do espectador. Não é nada de especial no seu todo mas para os fãs do "Exterminador" é um regresso satisfatório.
September 9, 2015
Not a complete waste of time, but nothing to write home about either. Generic, unrealistic, but mildly entertaining B-action-movie.
September 2, 2013
Fun, well for a Schwarzenegger fan like myself. The action and plot is simple, has a feel to it like the 80's action flick. Arnie was never know for his acting so don't expect any change in that department.
½ December 20, 2014
Cheesy and incredibly decent overall; the action is pretty well done, the acting is ok, and the funny moments are pretty well done, but the director could have done a better job, it had a lot of potential.
½ June 8, 2013
The Last Stand wasn't a great movie, but managed to prove that Schwarzenegger can still kick ass
½ January 18, 2013
Arnold is back. It's not a great Schwarzenegger movie, but it is a good Schwarzenegger movie. Lots of action, lots of blood, lots of gunfire, lots of humor and lots of Arnie one liners. It was just nice to see him again on the big screen, in the lead role, being Arnie. He's got a lot of upcoming projects so we have even more to look forward to. RECOMMENDED for Arnie fans and action movie fans.
½ July 11, 2015
when Gabriel Cortez, the most notorious, wanted drug kingpin in the western hemisphere, makes a deadly yet spectacular escape from an FBI prisoner convoy.Its up to Sherriff Owens and his rabble of officers to bring the kingpin to justice
July 7, 2015
After a 10-year hiatus, Arnold Schwarzenegger's return to the big screen was everything that we hoped it would be! Action movies often focus on the explosions and leave us devoid of emotion, but "The Last Stand" puts the violence into the context of a situation that matter to us. I was really impressed with this script. The writers did a really great job of developing the characters so that I truly cared about the town of Sommerton Junction and its citizens. Schwarzenegger plays the "High Noon"-esque lawman who decides to protect his town instead of yielding to the bad guys. I never expected this to become one of my favorite of his roles. The cast list is a bit deceptive, listing Forest Whitaker and Johnny Knoxville at the top even though their roles are much smaller than Jaimie Alexander, Luis Guzmán, and Eduardo Noriega. The latter actors deserve more credit as they build our compassion toward the small town and distaste for the villain. The action is spot on with over-the-top explosions and shootouts that don't extend beyond reasonability. The story has a bunch of twists, a great car chase, and the showdown that we all want. There was actually probably only one thing that rubbed me the wrong way. "This film was brought to you by Chevrolet..." The product placement was a bit strong and took me out of the moment a few times even though I tried to ignore it. Regardless, "The Last Stand" exceeds the level of acting and storyline that typifies the action genre and I will definitely be watching this one again.
½ January 12, 2013
"Do you give stupid names to all your shit?"
½ July 2, 2015
Arnold's back in his first leading role in 10 years and in an actual good film released in January no less, 'The Last Stand', is a fun and satisfying film.

The film has a good introduction and everything is well filmed, there are some really good shots in this film, one in particular, that a lot of people have singled out, is when some people are zip-lining down to another building and then it curves around to follow some cares, it's all very fluid and very well directed. I liked how the story developed and all of the characters struck out and were memorable in some way, the cast is good as well, Johnny Knoxville isn't in it as much as you'd expect from the trailers and posters, but he leaves his mark. You know how the two plot lines will link but when it switches to Whitaker's character for a little bit it is almost like you're watching another film and it's visually distinctive as well with the blue and grey of John department and the red and oranges of the land where Ray is. I think with a rewrite that whole plot line could have been taken out and streamlined a little as that character disappears for quite a noticeable amount nearing the film's end but then again it wouldn't have given us some very well executed car chases. The car chase scene at the end was especially good because it simulated two predators going after each other in the wild and was visually interesting.

The film is also quite funny, I remember seeing the 'old' line in the trailer and thinking that was a nice little bit filmed for a trailer but the film's comedy was actually well done, the scene where Ray tries to warn everyone being a very bizarre highlight and make sure not to mess with granny! That 'old' line is very important though, while it can be seen as a funny little line, Arnold's character in this is very different from the characters of his past, his character is vulnerable and does get injured quite a lot and coupled with Arnold's acting he really sells it and you care for him. The action in this film is really, really well done, like the rest of the film it is fluid and you can see everything clearly and the blood effects were really satisfying, it was built up quite a bit and when it happened it was fun to watch. Arnold is still very physical and that backdrop move was pretty awesome as were his one-liners, being deputised is a real thing but when it comes out of Arnold's mouth, it takes on a whole new meaning.

Arnold's leading man comeback was a hell of a lot of fun to watch, even if it oddly didn't do so well in the box office. It was well acted, fast paced, well filmed and was carefully directed and was just an all around satisfying film to watch. Welcome back, Arnie.