Last Stand at Saber River Reviews

• Jan 27, 2018

We really enjoyed this movie. Good western story with very good acting.

We really enjoyed this movie. Good western story with very good acting.

• Aug 24, 2017

Adapted from Elmore Leonard starring Tom Selleck as ex-confederate soldier Cable attempting to distance himself away from the civil war raising a family instead.

• Sep 11, 2016

A pretty dang good old Tom Selleck western. :-)

A pretty dang good old Tom Selleck western. :-)

• Apr 16, 2015

Meh TV western is made watchable by a very capable cast that includes Tom Selleck, Suzy Amis, Rachel Duncan, Haley Joel Osment, Keith Carridine, David Carradine, Harry Carey Jr. and David Dukes. The film is based on an Elmore Leonard story and features music by the underused David Shire, along with nice photography by Ric Waite. However, the film is greatly undermined by bland journeyman quality of direction and a rather uncompelling story about an ex-Confederate soldier heading out west to start a new life

• Jul 20, 2013

Another TNT Tom Selleck cowboy movie. Good enough of a cowboy movie to keep on entertained.

• Apr 24, 2012

whilst tom selleck is just great and has a great moustache, this film is not. it's very slow and the story is pretty basic at that. i prefered 'quigley' to this.

• Jan 19, 2012

Another good one from Selleck.

Another good one from Selleck.

• May 19, 2011

I love the scenes on this one. Great acting Tom Selleck. I very very enjoy it.

I love the scenes on this one. Great acting Tom Selleck. I very very enjoy it.

• Bruce B Super Reviewer
    Nov 14, 2009

I believe this movie was made for TV, as I am sure even in Cowpoke, Nebraska it would be hard to keep a movie audience awake. Not a lot of real action, but enough for TV and popcorn. But you would have to be a western freak to enjoy this one. David and Keith Carradine play good roles, and Suzy Amis seldom handles a starring role very well and this movie is no exception, don't know what it is, she does well in TV Short roles ie Miami Vice where she started off as a hooker, but as a western wife she lacks conviction. Tom Selleck makes a rather large target in a gun fight along with a large man riding a horse across the open range, dam I'm sore just watching him. And Tracey Needham a beautiful women and if she came knocking on my Cabin Door wanting to spend the night, come on Tom What is wrong with you. Anyway typical western film, I have land, bad guys want, land, over my dead body. Not to bad, but just good enough for 3 stars.

• Mar 17, 2008

The war-weary attitude and the subplot with the wife are interesting, but big plotting issues keep this western from taking off. You know something's off when the biggest gunfight in your movie happens over a misunderstanding that gets corrected five minutes later.