Last Train Home Reviews

• Apr 02, 2016

This movie is about choices, no matter how many times the parents say they didn't have a choice. These people have it so backwards. they leave where it is beautiful and live where it is ugly. the mom and dad showed nothing but shame and critical judgement towards their kids. the daughter longs for what she has no idea she needs, something her parents never gave her, while they ironically did what they thought was best by abandoning her and sending nothing but money and guilty messages. the rural country is so beautiful, yet this whole situation is so sad. such a brainwashed and overpopulated world they live in.

• Jul 08, 2015

A rare glimpse into the lives of a group of people long exploited and mistreated. The sad thing it seems to still be their highest standard of living ever. Their family dynamic is interesting and sad. The doc is even more revealing in what the subjects aren't saying, it's all just below the surface, just like many families. The modernization of China may be rapidly expanding in its major cities, but still seems to have not spread at all to the country villages/small towns. It reminds me a little of reading about the beginnings of the original Industrial Revolution and the changes it brought to everyone.

• Apr 12, 2015

A masterful closer look into the consequences of China booming economy.

A masterful closer look into the consequences of China booming economy.

• Oct 01, 2014

Very good and very interesting but incredibly depressing

Very good and very interesting but incredibly depressing

• Sep 13, 2014

Think twice before buying something made in China.

Think twice before buying something made in China.

• Jun 07, 2014

This documentary feature really open my eyes. Jaw-dropping spectacular shot with some atmosphere and moody feeling that capture China in modern era.

• Nov 22, 2013

A multi-faceted film. There is the story of a family that is dependent on migrant labour for its survival, but also broken by it. There is a beautiful picture of rural China, held in stark contrast to its sprawling, claustrophobic cities. Finally, there is a taste of the culture and atmosphere of China, which is very interesting in itself.

• Sep 13, 2013

I am fascinated by and in total adoration of the Peoples Republic of China. Last Train Home is a fantastic, dramatic, raw portrayal of the difficult lives of the members of a small family, their relationships infinitely strained and complicated by the circumstances of their world. In the beginning, you'll meet them, and by the end, they will fall apart. I felt like they had become my siblings - and I was worried for their futures long after the credits rolled.

• Sep 07, 2013

depict one side of Marx's product well, the film got the value added in the end, thanks to them

• Jul 31, 2013

Lixin captures the Chinese migration tragedy in an impressive way that it evokes poignant feelings from the viewer, from me at least. This documentary is an eye opener to real life struggle and it's heartbreaking.