The Last Unicorn - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Last Unicorn Reviews

November 11, 2017
Awesome animation, Awesome music, Awesome story, Awesome movie.
October 27, 2017
i think the last unicorn is a amazing movie but dont be fooled by the child freindly imagery because this is not a kids movie theres a tree with giant breasts and a wizard gets stuck in its breasts a giant harpy kills a character named momma fortuna theres some very creepy imagery with a talking skeleton with red eyes and theres a dark backstory with some bulls are reavealed to have killed the other unicorns and a evil sorcerer falls to his death
October 26, 2017
Another timeless classic for me and probably many others.

It has a nice plot where a lady unicorn, after being alone for so long, goes to find th rest of her kind. Along the way she meets a variety of charming characters that help her find her lost people, and help her grow as a person.

The film is filled with lovely imagery, sweet haunting music and songs, with nice little touches about the mythology behind unicorns.

The scene with the Harpy and Red Bull are particularly intense and might scare really young children but other than that, I would say anyone can watch this and enjoy it.

Go on and treat yourself :)
October 10, 2017
This movie is was pretty good, This movie is was fantasy, and heart warmer, and enchanted. I really love this movie in 80s, Mia Farrow is the Unicorn herself
August 13, 2017
I am sure there are a lot of different reviews but after reading the Novel by Peter S. Beagle I can only say I loved this movie and the animation is great!!!!
June 7, 2017
This movie made me cry as a child.
½ February 19, 2017
Legitimately one of the worst movies ever, which by cruel twists of fate I've been forced to watch three times now. It held up as entertainingly bad for half of the first viewing, and thereafter declined into painfully uninteresting and unintelligible .
January 16, 2017
Beautifully animated and emotionally involving, The Last Unicorn is 80s animation at its finest. They don't make them like this anymore.
½ January 1, 2017
A terribly overlooked animated film from the early 1980s. While The Last Unicorn suffers from some scattered storytelling, it's nevertheless an engaging and timeless fairy tale with interesting and unique characters.

The animation, while somewhat stilted, is really colorful and beautiful looking withe some great backdrops and character designs.

If you're interested in seeing a non-Disney animated film, then be sure to check out this little gem from Rankin and Bass.
May 27, 2016
I thought the fantasy movie was very sweet. It had beautiful animation and some good wisdom messages from the script. It was interesting to watch and some soft songs to go along with the plot. I wish a live action version would be made.
March 24, 2016
It ain't a classic, but it kept my interest with decent visuals, a sense of fun, and a surprisingly recognizable voice cast.
March 12, 2016
Admittedly, the songs have a rather dated feel; the crew could've hired better singers. Those criticisms aside, "The Last Unicorn" is a faithful and beautiful adaptation of the novel. I really wish Hollywood would consider making a live-action version.
½ February 21, 2016
I only watched this 1982 film as it seems to be one quite a few childhood favorites lists. I feel like anyone who likes this is watching it through the eyes of nostalgia, because as someone who first saw it in 2016, I did not like it. I don't have a problem with the dated animation. It's fine for its time. The voice acting and script are just terrible, and the songs are extremely grating, literally describing what is happening on the screen. I found it a chore to finish.
February 18, 2016
This movie defies rating.
February 6, 2016
I can't describe the sheer awesomeness of the movie
½ January 22, 2016
another classic film from my childhood
the creators of the animated 'Lord of the Rings' film weave together a fantasy about hope, desperation, searching for answers, and freedom
a star-studded cast from Mia Farrow to Jeff Bridges to Christopher Lee to Angela Lansbury
some of the animation is a bit to be desired but the voice acting is terrific and the music is very emotional
a lone unicorn discovers she may be the last of her kind so she embarks on a perilous journey to find out what has happened meeting a magician, a witch, a corrupt king, and a red bull
there really are a lot of scenes in this that are so questionable you'll be asking yourself, 'wait, is this really for kids?'
still the powerful, magnetic storytelling should please animation as well as fantasy lovers
January 11, 2016
Mature, and emotional, The Last Unicorn is another brilliant step taken by animation into a darker world.
½ January 11, 2016
I had high hopes for this movie but the whole thing felt like a badly scripted, badly animated acid trip.
½ December 2, 2015
I loved this movie as a kid, but this thing is really strange.
September 18, 2015
An excellent animation from the 80s with a great sense of maturity, style and adventure with great characters and voice work, and an amazing ambiance that sucks you right in.