Laura Smiles - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Laura Smiles Reviews

½ September 5, 2011
"when i was a child i used to believe that good things happen to good people now I don't believe on that crap."

After her boyfriend died. Laura seems to be afraid to have a serious relationship with a man. She must to the psychological trauma cause by the tragic incident. The fear of falling deeply in love again is what makes laura's life into mess. A New original plot, for me, its appealing.
½ May 1, 2011
Clever editing. Very Frenchie in style, neat, decent, & surprisingly absorbing. Petra Wright is simply wonderful.
½ March 12, 2011
Laura Smiles is a story about death and regret, about wanting to rewind time and about grieving.
This movie is the most touching, riveting and thought-provoking movie I have seen in a long time.
Through flashbacks you get to see the transition of one person from two different time periods.
It was wonderfully filmed and directed. It showed such a profound message. How a love can be so deep, how a certain love can be the only thing that really matters.
Petra Wright was incredible as Laura, she had this terrific way of using her voice and her facial expressions to truly touch the audience. She reached me and managed to make all the character's feelings dig into me.
This was a truly astonishing movie about not being able to forget someone. All the feelings and sorrows of the movie were so discernible and so clear, but also so magical. It will forever stay in my heart and I will always be reminded of the love's true powers.
½ July 3, 2008
Someone has to review it... described as "the movie Little Children wanted to be," I actually think it's the opposite - Little Children took desperation and used it as a vehicle to be life affirming. This movie, though tender and smart for quite a while, turns out to be pretty damning of life, and takes ridiculous lengths to get there.
December 18, 2007
think of how many women you see at the supermarket who are just like laura
December 11, 2007
One of the most powerful films I have ever seen in my life.
December 3, 2007
This didn't look like it would interest me so I didn't waste my time watching it.
October 12, 2007
Laura Smiles tells the story of a housewife living the perfect family life, until she eventually breaks down and loses her mind. Very good drama, the story is carried in a very original way which keeps your atention the whole time, going back and forth in time, showing the different situations that have happened to her (which are also the very sad causes leading to her breakdown). It just gets stronger as the movie goes forward. I read somewhere that it was described as 'a raw, bleak Desperate Housewives without the humor or satire', which sounds as an accurate description.
August 12, 2007
I just don't get why it is such a freaking tragedy to marry an insurance salesman. Seriously. Being artsy fartsy is not that great. I'm sick of movies perpetuating this image that art is all there is to life. But this still looks interesting.
August 6, 2007
really, really interesting, heartbreaking film. An amazing performance by the lead.
July 30, 2007
First of all: NYU! Secondly, full of surprises. Not exactly my kind of movie but definitely worth seeing.
Harlequin68
July 29, 2007
[font=Century Gothic]In "Laura Smiles," Laura(Petra Wright) seems to be the perfect housewife living in suburbia. She is married to Mark(Mark Derwin), a kind insurance executive, and mother to an eight-year old boy. But something is missing...[/font]
[font=Century Gothic][/font]
[font=Century Gothic]Nine years before, she had been an actress in off-off-Broadway plays, engaged to a writer, Chris(Kip Pardue), who had just completed his first novel. Then, tragedy struck...[/font]
[font=Century Gothic][/font]
[font=Century Gothic]"Laura Smiles" is an intriguing movie about how the perfect life may not be perfect for everyone. The film's structure reflects how much the lead character is disconnected, as she lives her life partially in the past when she was happiest. In the present, Laura is sleepwalking, passing as happy to everyone around her.[/font]
July 28, 2007
mayb....sounds good....but mite be borin....a little
sounds sad and good!
dont copy julia roberts
July 27, 2007
Not enough info for me to really decide but based on what is here...
June 9, 2007
this film destroys me. there are no words.
March 18, 2007
Not really a great movie! But Hey , I like the title.
January 9, 2007
eres una exelente actriz
December 12, 2006
I wonder what this is about, i think ill see it!