Lawnmower Man 2 - Jobe's War (Lawnmower Man 2: Beyond Cyberspace) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lawnmower Man 2 - Jobe's War (Lawnmower Man 2: Beyond Cyberspace) Reviews

November 27, 2016
Despite what other people view about this movie, how people trash & curse it, I will still defend this movie as one of the entertaining piece of sci-fi movie. The story doesn't really make any sense, but if I to look on the positive side, it full of action and keep my interest. It's far from perfect or to be considered classic, but still a good one. 5 stars from me
½ August 15, 2015
It's a complete train wreck. One of the worst films ever made BECAUSE it was a sequel. It should have gone straight to video or never made in the first place.
October 11, 2014
It's not as odd as the first, and the plot holds together a bit better but it's still hard to follow and thin. More aged effects, hard acting, and a anything-goes ending. This sequel doesn't really do anything to expand from the first film.
½ May 14, 2014
Incredibly cheesy and dumb, Lawnmower Man 2: Jobe's War is full of bugs. In this reboot of sorts Jobe Smith is rescued from the ruins of the VSI building and is recruited to construct a computer system that will tie all networks into virtual reality, but a group of teenagers stumble onto his plans of cyber-world conquest and attempt to stop him. Matt Frewer is recast as Jobe, and gives a more manic and eccentric take on the character. But all the performances are terrible, particularly the child actors. Equally as bad is the writing, which is full of cliches and stereotypes. And then there's the CGI effects, that once again prove to be disappointing. Poorly made and extremely stupid, Lawnmower Man 2: Jobe's War is an insipid piece of garbage.
½ April 7, 2014
55%

"Jack in, jack out, what's the difference?"-Jobe Smith (Matt Frewer)

Unnessary sequel.

"Your rebirth in the womb of cyberspace is a chance for a new beginning."-Jobe Smith
cigaretteburns
January 25, 2014
holy shitballs I never knew there was a sequel!
½ December 20, 2013
really shitty sequel
½ November 19, 2013
Not as bad as it's IMDB #77 worst film ever made but not a good movie either. Anytime you rely on special effects as the bulk of your film you will be in trouble as effects age much more than acting and story. Lawnmower Man 2 suffers for that very reason the effects are VERY dated and the story or lack thereof just isn't anything worth watching. The acting isn't shudder worthy but isn't good either. Alas Lawnmower Man 2 is a sad excuse for a sci-fi film but not meriting its terrible IMDB rating.
½ April 27, 2013
Are you a masochist? Take the lawnmower man 2 challenge. How far can you make it into it before you give up and go mow your lawn or paint a fence, or break rocks with a small hammer, my record is 15 minutes 14 seconds. I dare you to beat me.
½ April 25, 2013
This was so bad that I couldn't get through all of it..A bad movie with the kid from Last Action Hero? No way!
½ February 15, 2013
So bad. The name of this movie shall never again pass my lips.
½ January 22, 2013
WHAT THE HELL!?!? It's SO BAD!!! No special effects in the future!? No real story. My brain! It leaks!!! o.O
December 7, 2012
Want to see at some point in the future! A treat !
TheDudeLebowski65
November 13, 2012
Sequel to Lawnmower Man is a pitiful attempt at creating something new. The end result is a tedious, boring mess of a film that simply doesn't deliver. This is a pointless sequel that doesn't offer anything new or exciting. The only that this film does is that it tries to be inventive with its special effects, and in turn director Farhad Mann tries to camouflage the lack of story with dazzling effects, which in the end just doesn't impress. This film fails in terms of telling a compelling plot, which of course is absent due to a poor script and it shows that the filmmakers clearly didn't care about the end result of the film. There's never anything going on here to entertain you and you just end up not caring for anything going on-screen. This sequel is a mess pure and simple, and with poor directing and poor directing, this film was doomed to fail right from the start. This film is bad and definitely not worth your time. There is no redeeming factors to make this film watchable and this is a film that just relies on special effects to try and tell a story, which is nonexistent and ultimately doesn't entertain the viewer. This sequel is awful, and isn't worth checking out. With a lacking script and cast, this is a very forgettable film that doesn't stand out, and if you haven't seen it, avoid it as it's not worth your time. As far as sequels are concerned, this film never should have been made, and it adds nothing or refreshing to the first. Stick with the first Lawnmower man instead and forget that this one exists.
½ November 6, 2012
Nowhere near as good as the first.

The movie is full of plot holes and bad acting. If you're a fan of the first then you'll love it simply because of what it is.

For it's time it is visually stunning but that's about it. I enjoyed it as I love the Jobe character but overall it falls short of the first.
½ September 28, 2012
Utterly witless sequel to a somewhat intriguing movie. A rare type of follow-up that makes even less sense if you've actually seen the first film. The performances are some of the worst seen in a major studio picture and the story is a confusing, sloppy mess. Awful!
August 25, 2012
Think i'd rather watch someone actually mow a lawn that watch this tripe
June 27, 2012
Terrible sequel to what wasn't exactly a fantastic sci-fi story in the first place. Poor story and a cheap script for cheap actors.
March 21, 2012
Viewed as a sequel to Lawnmower Man, this is insanely awful. Viewed as a standalone sci-fi, it's pleasantly B, but still terrible.
½ January 19, 2012