Laws of Attraction - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Laws of Attraction Reviews

½ February 18, 2013
Terrible. No connection to the characters at all, and usually I have no problems with that. I found that I didn't care at all whether they got together in the end.
½ January 22, 2013
Cute, but mostly because I like Posey so damn much...
December 7, 2012
Julianne Moore in a romantic comedy makes me diarrhetic.
November 15, 2012
Now who thought this was a good idea? Lets make a movie about a group of people (lawyers) that most people dont like covering a subject that nobody likes (divorce) whose clients are a couple of elitist, entitled snobs and make that into a love story, can I fire someone now!
Bronson and Moore are great personable actors but even their charm cannot save this dreadful movie. This might of worked with a much better script and recasting Parker Posey for anybody else but it still would have trouble from tripping over it poor concept.
½ October 26, 2012
I enjoyed this movie! Made me smile & give me happy butterfly feelings in my stomach :) Pierce Brosnan is hot too!
September 11, 2012
Nice chemistry between Moore and Bronsan is what makes this work, it is not overly original, but is worth a watch if you are in the mood for a romantic comedy.
½ August 26, 2012
Lovely and sweet film, while not the greatest film I have ever seen, it kept me amused, until the end.
½ July 4, 2012
This was a super adorable rom-com starring to feisty divorce lawyers.
June 20, 2012
Love this movie Julianne Moore is a really good actress & Pierce Brosnan is a good actor & he's adorable. :) Just a really enjoyable movie. :) :)
June 19, 2012
Big name actors in a formulaic & forgettably harmless rom-com.
½ June 18, 2012
Julianne Moore showed me that comedy acting is amazing and wonderfully bold.
½ May 27, 2012
Sat through this as the better half was watching it. Had two cream crackers during it. Cream crackers are nice. I'd definitely recommend cream crackers.
½ April 13, 2012
As far as romantic comedies go, this one was pretty original. Both predictable and shockingly not. Granted, it was a little overdone in parts, but a cute film. Not necessarily the greatest message though, as this film obviously supports sex before marriage. it does however seem to be against divorce.
April 9, 2012
I like Julianne and Pierce....
April 5, 2012
There's something about that Pierce Brosnan... Oh! I know... he's a good actor!
½ April 2, 2012
Unbeliavably cute romantic comedy with a good message behind it. I really like this film, but overall it fails to be truely memorable, thanks to useless scenes and poor pacing.
April 1, 2012
This is the day every mother dreams of. The day she watches her only daughter put a lock on her bedroom door, to keep her husband out. (That's okay, you don't want in anyway.)

This movie is the reason I don't like chick flicks.

The Story: Two divorce lawyers, one the sexually repressed firebrand that practices with strict organization, and one the charming, outgoing guy that practices law in a slightly different fashion, fall in love with each other through surprising turns of events. I know, I know, that sentence was long, and probably grammatically incorrect in many many ways, but if that bothers you, than by all means stop reading right now...Anyway, onto the review. This film has some pretty funny moments, but the characters are pretty generic, the story is predictable and poorly told, and despite it's two charming and attractive lead characters I didn't feel anything for either of them. There's much better romantic comedies out there.

The Cast: Pierce Brosnan, Julianne Moore...Pierce Brosnan is Daniel Rafferty, the charming lawyer with a somewhat unorthodox way of practicing law. He's pretty generic, all his character really comes down to is the quirky guy trying to get the not so quirky woman. Not an incredible performance, I mean really, this man once plaid one of the greatest James Bonds ever, but put him in the role of a lawyer and suddenly he's not that great of an actor? What up with that? Julianne Moore is Audrey Woods, the more cute than sexy lawyer that's just too business oriented to have a decent relationship. Yet another cliche character for a great player. This woman once plaid great parts in movies like Hannibal and Far From Heaven. This film is far from her finest work. I will never understand just how these two got roped into playing these boring and uninspired parts.

One to Five Scale: 2

This film proves that big names don't make great films. Weak characters, poor story structure, boring story, and little to no character development make this one, one to pass on. Go watch something else, this one isn't worth your time, even if you're a fan of Moore or Brosnan.

½ February 21, 2012
Lonely but charming divorce lawyers on opposite sides of the aisle opt for a longterm contract, no pre-nup, and so a writ of habeas corpus in this predictable bit o'unfortunately unfortunate blarney. The actors work so hard, and I was rooting for 'em, but ... it finally comes off as too forced, too mechanical, too formulaic, like a big song and dance production number to corn flakes.
February 18, 2012
I only put it on because I didn't want to think. It was late, I could feel weariness rising and knew in an hour I'd be really tired so I didn't want to put on the 2 and a half hour arthouse. I asked my sister if she had anything light hearted.
January 16, 2012
Nice comedy. Julianne Moore and Pierce Brosnan do have chemistry but that's not enough to make "Laws of Attraction" a good movie: the plot is very dumb, predictable and meaningless at some point. You'll understand where this is all going after a few minutes, and if you're a fan of strong female characters you'll probably get terribly mad at Audrey... But the soundtrack is good, and some of the locations are just delightful.

I got relaxed. And that's good enough for me. Or at least it was yesterday night.