Le Mozart des pickpockets - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Le Mozart des pickpockets Reviews

September 17, 2012
I saw this film during it's brief presentation on Youtube.

It's absolutely flawless and well acted out.
½ March 22, 2010
Cool and oddly funny- I loved all the little subtle jokes.
March 1, 2010
WON for best live action short
½ December 15, 2009
imagine laurel and hardy as french pickpockets lost in their usual ineptitude until the arrival of peculiar angelic wunderkind and you have the sum total of this quaint old school charmer
½ November 28, 2009
Never leave your purse on the theater floor.
½ November 7, 2008
Lovely. Keep up the good work, Frenchies.
September 25, 2008
The stupidity of the pro pickpockets is hilarious! Nice short film...won the Oscar this year.
½ July 26, 2008
the best short film of Oscar 2008... great and simple story but with lots of humor. It belonged to the program of Oscar Part 1 of INDPANDA festival at BC.
½ July 25, 2008
Very funny short film which talk about 2 silly thiefs met a deaf child. The conversations are very humorous, and the child is v cute as well~
May 30, 2008
Super freaking cute kid and cute story.
½ May 28, 2008
Not a a bad short, I thought it was a little weaker compared to "The Substitute", which had a much more sweeter effect whereas here, it is well done and the humour is in check but compared to it, this was less innovative. I loved the plot twist here a lot, where you have the idea that a man cannot control himself even when he has a golden goose.
½ March 24, 2008
I do not see what is so special about this. Formulaic and somewhat boring.
March 6, 2008
Touching but a little too formulaic and over the top for me. A little too silly to have deserved an Oscar.
February 29, 2008
Cute, funny, sweet short film. Worthy of its Academy Award nomination and win.
February 26, 2008
A brilliant little short that sees two pickpocketers having to take on a small child who is deaf and a mute, while trying to carry on with their stealing ways. Very cute film, funny and very well made.
February 24, 2008
So funny and definitely deserving of the Oscar.
½ February 23, 2008
Clever and entertaining, but ultimately leaves the viewer unsatisfied with an incomplete story arc.
February 16, 2008
The pickpocket characters are quirky and sweet. Very enjoyable.
½ February 16, 2008
Sort of Chaplinesque. Entertaining, but doesn't come together.