Le Voyage dans la lune (A Trip to the Moon) Reviews

• Mar 14, 2019

The most creative and original Sci-Fi film I've seen in quite a while!

The most creative and original Sci-Fi film I've seen in quite a while!

• Feb 19, 2019

i personally think the movie was way to short only having 16 minutes there wasnt any room for error in which i found a lot of even though i havent even watched a minute of it i still feel like i was missing a lot to the movie i also think that the audio and videography was very poor even though it was made more than a hundred years ago it still should fit my standards of todays videos but A for effort i guess.

• Jan 31, 2019

Only 15 minutes long, time well spent.

Only 15 minutes long, time well spent.

• Dec 29, 2018

Der erste und längere Film der Geschichte! Ist das nicht aufregend? In der heutigen Zeit, wo Computer und Effekte die Filmwelt dominieren, ist Georges Melies damals im Jahre 1902, ein Meilenstein gelungen! Seine Reise zum Mond war völlig einfach gestrickt und auch seine Erzählweise war so einfach, dass es auch für die jüngeren Zuschauer verstehen können. Sicher war Melies's Ansicht, wie es auf dem Mond aussieht, ein naiver Gedanke. Aber wie er damals auf dem Mond kommen konnte, gilt schon als legendäre Meisterleistung. Wenn man bedenkt, dass die Raumfahrt und den ersten Spaziergang auf dem Mond, noch Jahre dauern würde. Da hat sich Melies schon von Jules Vernes inspirieren lassen! Fazit: Geiler Film! Diesen Film sollte man sich zu Herzen nehmen!

• Sep 06, 2018

My first viewing of a silent film. French from 1902 and restored in the 1990s from badly damaged negatives. It is the first example of a science fiction film. Up until this 14m film release all of the many silent film productions had been serious stories. Here we observe a voyage to the moon, 1902 style. I'm sure NASA didn't envisage such a landscape or such a craft as the shell used by the scientists to travel to the moon, fired from a giant gun! The film has coloured images due to hand coloured techniques on the film. Simple special effects now but ground-breaking at the time.

• Sep 02, 2018

One of the best imaginative and artistic creations ever. It is quite interesting to see what people imagined the Moon to be before we set foot on it.

• Jul 29, 2018

A fun little movie that any age can watch! Maybe one of the most famous silent films. This is definitely worth your time.

• Jul 22, 2018

Wonderfully imaginative and innovative. A group of scientists build a rocket and fly to the Moon. Wonderfully imaginative and innovative. Directed by Georges Melies, a pioneer in the art and technology of film-making. Shot in 1902, when cinema was in its infancy, the movie shows cinema's theatrical roots, as well as the resourcefulness and ingenuity a pioneer like Melies possessed, and needed to possess. Clever set design, "special effects" and editing. Good plot with a great innocence and imagination to it all. It also gave us the iconic moon-with-a-rocket-in-its-face image. Such a landmark film in cinema history that it features heavily in Martin Scorsese's homage to cinema - 'Hugo' (2011).

• Jun 21, 2018

One the earliest great films (or short film), Le Voyage Dans La Lune is a landmark for cinema, and one whose imagination shows no limits, deserving of all the praise for being so influential to the development of the medium.

• Jun 01, 2018

Considering its time, innovative visual effects and impact in the seventh art, it's a masterpiece.