The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Reviews

½ June 29, 2017
I saw my dad's a little kids so I got a little bit of a soft spot for it
½ June 19, 2017
It is by no means a brilliantly scripted or executed plot, but a 17% critics rating and a 44% audience rating is still too low for this attempt which has a mix of decent and poor acting. The CGI is also mixed as some of it, like the Nautilus were quite impressive, while other parts, Mr. Hyde, were not.
June 8, 2017
very good effects, & Sean looking good!
May 17, 2017
This movie isn't that great, but it remains a guilty pleasure simply for the fact that they got Captain Nemo so right. It's the first time I've seen him portrayed as he should be.
March 29, 2017
not as good as I remember.. bit over long and boring but it does feature the occasional good moment. the poor cast obviously had to work with a complete clunker of a script as the dialogue lets the film down, but the effects are very good and I like the films concept.
½ March 25, 2017
near impossible to watch. not to mention this movie its set up after the 1 world war yet in many occations they seem to have tecnology even from 1970`s at a times (they have a sweet-@ss limo and a submarine that seems the titanic version of the submarines) its unwatchable stupididty.
February 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 28, 2016
12/28/2016: Very disappointing. This is one movie that could use a remake. Some of the special effects were good, but the story was pretty bad and made the whole movie feel like a cheesy syfy flick.
½ December 24, 2016
Fun film and carefree coarse with special effects, or too obvious, direct from a static Stephen Norrington, capable of creating an all-British Group and an American intruder
October 11, 2016
Sean Connery is the man but this was terrible. Corny, boring and stupid.
August 21, 2016
A fun throwback action pic.
August 15, 2016
They all freeload off the rich Raja's cars and boats. The bad guys guns are obvious AK-47s covered with rediculous mockup furniature.. pfx fail.
Great movie to make fun of.
½ August 10, 2016
Well its no averagers ( marvel version not British version) but it's a good film even if the comic came out in the late 90's and this came out 4 yrs later it still is ok in my book even if a lot of people hate this there r some people like me that do like this, besides there is 2 generas called "cult movies" and "it's so bad it's good movies" think about that.
July 7, 2016
I know it is a really flawed movie, but i still like it. I rarely would say this, but i think this movie needs a reboot. It is a great premise, and if it were to be made right it could be a really good movie.
July 3, 2016
Despite its inherent creepiness, the comic series is definitely the superior version in this case as the movie is clearly attempting to sex up a sound idea. The charm of the original idea is that the group can work with the technology of the day - conversely, the movie bringing in items like the hotrod car tells us that the era was lacking and its heroes aren't enough, when they certainly were for the readers of the day. Connery's Quatermain is more effectual than the comic version and Wilson's Harker is more assured (both of these sadly lose their vulnerability and hence audience relatability), and Curran's Invisible Man is thankfully not at all the disgusting rapist he is in the original. West's Sawyer is a neat addition and makes for a good way in for the audience as the burgeoning protagonist he could have been had the series continued. Townsend's Gray gives a nice tilt as the inside antagonist too. And Roxburgh is, of course, a standout.
July 2, 2016
I find the reviews a little insulting. Stunning visuals and frankly a great collection of characters. I found the film fun!
½ June 24, 2016
Not bad, but It could have been a whole lot better.
May 29, 2016
Even though I could tell it was pretty cobbled-together and all over the place, fictional character crossovers are always entertaining for me, so I can't completely hate it.
May 27, 2016
This movie isn't so bad that it is good, but it is a solid guilty pleasure. I really get a kick out of the film portraying Tom Sawyer in his mid-20s when he would have actually been in his sixties in 1899.
May 8, 2016
Very underrated. Nice visuals, nice premise, enjoyable story, good actors.