Reviews

• Aug 28, 2021

Great movie about the time when men were gone to war and the women formed their own baseball league!!!!

• Aug 16, 2021

Sentimental and by the numbers but thanks to Zimmer's score and fine performances you can't help but feel swell of emotions by the end. And that's a really all movie needs to do, to be considered worthy of your time.

• Aug 09, 2021

i mean; it's a classic. i saw this far later in life than I should have, but it totally still holds up today. it's a great film with a great cast & a great message. & probably one of the most debated endings of all time maybe? if you haven't already seen it, you should.

• Jul 26, 2021

I am not american and i don't understand base ball, but I ADORE that movie ! All the actors are great in it ! The best feminist movie ever !!!

• Jul 25, 2021

Summary: During WWII, male athletes were in short supply; however, when women take on America's favorite pastime, the nation is rattled. Takeaways: In this journey of women's rights, frilly baseball uniforms weren't even the worst part. Touching story with lots of laughs.

• Jul 11, 2021

This was another film in my kids' pandemic Film Appreciation Course and they gave this one a thumbs up. You all know the story, loosely based on real female athletes who formed a women's baseball league after the majors shut down at the outset of World War II. The film tackles sexism, corporate greed, and also an appreciation for America's pastime, baseball. It does all this in a rather maudlin and at times corny fashion, but it's a pretty irresistible story and with a pretty stellar cast, which includes Geena Davis, Lori Petty, Madonna, Rosie O'Donnell, Anne Ramsay, Janet Jones, Téa Leoni, Harry Shearer, David Strathairn, Garry Marshall, Jon Lovitz, Bill Pullman, Eddie Jone, Don S. Davis, Del Close, and Tom Hanks, who steals the show as the team manager, a washed up ball player who's simply paid to wave to the crowd at the start of each game. With that cast and being directed by Penny Marshall ("Big" "Awakenings") and written by Lowell Ganz and Babaloo Mandel ("City Slickers" "Splash" "Parenthood"), it's hard to see how this film wouldn't work. Although cloying at times, "A League of Their Own" is a must see comedy/drama.

• May 17, 2021

Best sports movie ever.

Best sports movie ever.

• May 09, 2021

"There's no crying in baseball!" I love movies based on true events, and this one is one of the best. Tom Hanks, Geena Davis, Rosie O'Donnell, Lori Petty and even Madonna fit into a cast that was funny, fresh and fun. An excellent rendition by Penny Marshall of the real-life All-American Girls Professional Baseball League (AAGPBL).

• Apr 23, 2021

So many comedies can learn so much from this film. https://letterboxd.com/josephtomastik/film/a-league-of-their-own/

• Apr 12, 2021

I love this movie. Sure, at times it can be melodramatic, but I just never get tired of watching it.