Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III Reviews

October 7, 2016
The primary argument against this movie is that the 2nd film had a very definitive ending and didn't need to be elaborated on. But New Line gained the rights to make a 3rd film, this time for the purpose of creating a new horror franchise ala "Nightmare on Elm Street." Tobe Hooper does NOT return, nor does anyone cast from the original. Jeff Burr takes over as director. And, like Hooper, had to turn in this film a fair number of times and continuously cut out the more graphic and disturbing footage to try and get an R rating. This film is not as wacky as the 2nd, but has a more grim and bleak atmosphere that hews closer to the original. Unfortunately, the end product, while possessing Leatherface in all his gigantic grunting chainsaw revving glory, and containing a whole new family to MEAT (all played well, especially the little girl), the end product is confusing and jumbled. Our victims are so devoid of personality that it's hard to care for them. I have no complaints about Ken Foree's presence because I'll never tire of watching him kick ass in a horror movie. And the ending is the worst part about it as it just throws logic completely out the window. Suffice to say, this movie flopped at the box office and derailed any plans of a horror franchise...for the time being. After the 4th film, a throwaway that wouldn't have ever seen the light of day if Rene Zellweger and Matthew McConaughey had not starred in it, the franchise was rebooted in 2003. But ultimately this film represents the last time there would ever be anything fresh or interesting in a "Texas Chainsaw" movie.
July 14, 2016
Gets a lot of flack but is the best sequel in the series. A big improvement over TCM 2 (a very beloved sequel).
½ July 14, 2016
One of my favorite films in the Texas Chainsaw Massacare series! It catches the dirtiness, and grime of the first one, and adds twists of it's own. Like having a young kid in the family, and giving Leatherface a new saw! It all makes for a fantastic movie!
½ February 9, 2016
,¢,,¦,¢,,¦,¢,,¦¢,¦¢,¦¢,¦â¦â¦
October 26, 2015
It has its moments, but the gore is lacking, as is most of the horror from the first film and most of the humor from the 2nd.
October 17, 2015
3 was a huge boring dragged out mess centered around running around a forest, and that was literally the whole plot along with the house and anyone still alive and left over from 2....I didn't care for it at all and rate it as the 2nd worst entry in the series after the original itself.
July 2, 2015
Better than part two and oddly charming for a movie called Leatherface.
April 10, 2015
I'm giving this an extra star because the anime girl in the still image for the trailer and the box art with Leatherface look funny together.
February 7, 2015
This ended up as more of a re-do and not at all a bad one. It's nasty and was filmed in California instead of Texas, but still feels like some Texas ghost town with some interesting new Chainsaw family members!
December 19, 2014
Possibly my favorite of the originals, it's good. It's creepy like the original but has some comedy like the sequel. It's a good balance of the two and is a must watch for any TCM fan.
October 6, 2014
We need the rated x original cut to resurface.
July 30, 2014
Basically an ok remake buy vego was very good
July 7, 2014
I seem to be developing a bit of a soft spot for Texas Chainsaw sequels. TCM 3 does little more than tick the relevant boxes but it does it in an entertaining way. It's not scary but it is kinda fun.
½ July 4, 2014
A cut above its successors, and a sharp decline from its predecessor. But I want to call out Viggo Mortenson's performance as pretty good. Also...that little girl...she was freaky. It gets points for being able to capture the feeling from the original of your skin crawling at the horror before your eyes
, but you can't look away.
July 3, 2014
The movie is actually kinda scary and reminiscent to the first film. While it isn't as creepy, Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III is a pretty decent flick. If you take it's predecessors out of mind, this movie is a pretty potent slasher and one of the best sequels in the franchise!
½ April 28, 2014
Stinks to high heaven!
½ March 27, 2014
A decent sequel, but doesn't do anything to set itself apart from the rest of the series. Worth a watch if you want see some of Viggo Mortensen's earlier roles before he was in Lord Of The Rings.
March 17, 2014
A straight-up gore house. No substance, little style and zero sense.
½ January 1, 2014
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3 was a pretty good movie, that at least I enjoyed and had fun watching. The movie was rather chilling and was pretty thrilling at times.The acting here was okay, but the biggest name cast member in the film was Viggo Mortensen (Psycho, A Perfect Murder). The rest of the cast was unknown by movie-goers, but they weren't too bad. If you want te be scared and entertained, rent Leatherface.