Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III Reviews

October 29, 2013
I loved it as a standalone sequel
October 12, 2013
A decent addition and second sequel to the franchise, LEATHERFACE won't win any medals for bringing new chills to the table, but its tight, campy directon and creepier version of the chainsaw wielding maniac adds onto the consistency that makes it live up to its preceeders.
½ September 6, 2013
It's much closer to the original than part 2, but 'Leatherface' suffers from a franchise that ran dry after the first film. I don't really recommend it, unless you're a hardcore TCM fan or you just like B Horror films.
June 23, 2013
Now this time leatherface returns but this is now more of a reboot because leatherface was killed in the second one but leatherface is still a good third entry in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise but just like most sequels just doesn't live up to the original but it's a good movie just overall I liked it.
½ May 28, 2013
The Little Was By Far Too Me The Only Creepy/ Scary Part This TCM Film!
½ May 6, 2013
You know what I'm not going to waist my time, this film sucked. It fails in all departments, is a cheaply made slasher, and has nothing to do with the original. Texas Chainsaw Massacre III is pure garbage and not worth any of your time.
½ May 2, 2013
An overlooked, fun, campy run at the classic.
½ April 23, 2013
Offers nothing new or exciting at all.
½ March 29, 2013
While It's not really original or truly creative, "Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III" is a solid but very inferior sequel (or reboot, maybe?) to the first two films. The new crazy cannibal family is not as engaging as the family in the previous films (which always seems to keep changing, by the way). It tries to be darker than the black humor approach of TCM 2, but it utimately fails at being a gritty horror film and ends up being a fun little sequel that delivers some thrills and some laughs. It's entertaining and even interesting at times, especially to fans of the franchise like myself.
March 11, 2013
This ended up as more of a re-do and not at all a bad one. It's nasty and was filmed in California instead of Texas, but still feels like some Texas ghost town with some interesting new Chainsaw family members!
½ March 4, 2013
A complete waste of time. At least part II had a certain camp quality to it. This one has nothing.
February 2, 2013
Leatherface is back, and this time, he has brought a whole new family with him! A feuding couple is run off of the road in the middle of nowhere, Texas, where the infamous Leatherface takes after them with his trusty chainsaw. It isn't long before they wind up back at the house of everyone's favorite cannibal clan, but luckily, they made it home just in time for dinner! TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 3 is all guts and no glory, taking a big step down from the first two films in the series. It is bogged down by a crowd of unnecessary characters that slow the plot and add little to the story. In its unrated form, the script is still a boring mess, and consists of nothing more than a tedious game of "Stalk and Kill" with too much waiting for far too little action. Even the jilted attempts at humor feel forced and out of place. Director Jeff Burr would blame studio interference for screwing up his film, but LEATHERFACE is way beyond repair.

-Carl Manes
I Like Horror Movies
January 22, 2013
An incredibly lazy sequel. Adds nothing new the series, Leatherface is played by a sleepwalking stunt man with no creative identity. The film is called: LEATHERFACE! His miscasting should not have happened. Viggo Mortensen tries his best, but isn't given anything interesting to do. I hate to say it, but the film failed to live up to its teaser trailer.
½ January 19, 2013
Don't compare this to the original, tie it to it in any way or expect anything similar in any respects and you may be able to take this one as a bog standard slasher. I've seen worse.
TheDudeLebowski65
January 12, 2013
Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3 builds on the humor of the second and the violence of the first film, and brings this entry to a whole new level of gory violent fun. This third entry is pretty good considering that a franchise by this point would start to suffer. Even if it lacks great elements, Leatherface is still worth seeing if you're a fan of the first two films. The soundtrack of the film is a hard rocking with great tunes by Hurricane and Death Angel. Leatherface is definitely back in full force, and murders his victims with relish, and does what he does best, makes masks with their facial skin. Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3 is a good entry in the series, but is not the best. The film is also not for the faint of heart, but to those who love gore, this film is for you. I personally view the TCM franchise as a trilogy and if you feel the same way, you would think that this is an enjoyable end to two other iconic horror films. As far as I'm concerned, the films that followed this one don't exist and this is the real end of the Sawyer saga. If you've enjoyed the first two, you'll surely like this one, and though lacking at times, this is still a pleasant entry and one that delivers some good chainsaw carnage, and in the end, it's all that matters. So for this third film, the filmmakers made a fine little entry that is just as demented as the first two films. The film is quite different, but it works nonetheless in terms of a good Slasher film and a Texas Chainsaw Massacre film.
January 11, 2013
Honestly can't remember it!
½ January 10, 2013
So dull I nearly forgot how to breathe.
January 8, 2013
Hate it never watching it again, this movie I thought it was very crap and I will not watch this movie ever again, it starred Viggo Mortensen, I hated this film and I don't want it on DVD, I expected better
December 31, 2012
A very watered-down version of the Sawyer clan.
½ December 22, 2012
Texas Chainsaw Massacre can easily claim the title of having the best first three horror films in a franchise. While Leatherface:TCM3 isn't as good as the original but it doesn't fall to the absurd levels that Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th did. Leatherface also features some great acting (with some of the standard poor acting that this genre requires) from Viggo Mortensen and the insane cannibal family. Leatherface keeps the Texas Chainsaw franchise sharp and shouldn't disappoint fans of the franchise.