Leaving No Trace (Sin Dejar Huella) Reviews

• May 11, 2015

With this film about two women trying to escape their fates and uniting through adversity, Maria Novaro presents us a beautiful film about the female condition in 21st century Mexico. Done with a lot of attention to details and offering the two lead actresses an excellent opportunity to question the gender roles and issues women are facing today, this film is an enjoyable and entertaining social depiction that should make you think about a thing or two when it comes to women. Nice film.

• May 29, 2013

brilliant movie, excellently conceived, directed and acted; the DVD I saw has the English title "Without a Trace" and a very well-crafted English subtitle translation. But I guess that title confuses it with another movie. This is a road movie with many twists; if you understand the Mexican Spanish, you'll get even more out of the excellent characterization of race and class and life in Mexico in the year 2000. Three of us watched it together and all agreed that this is world-class cinema. Bravo!