Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains The Same - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains The Same Reviews

½ July 28, 2016
From Led Zeppelin's 1973 concert tour to promote their album Houses of the Holy, footage from their Madison Square Garden concerts. Interspersed with this is footage of the band on tour, their private lives and dramatised images of what the songs mean to them. Songs include: Rock 'n Roll, Black Dog, Since I've Been Loving You, No Quarter, The Song Remains the Same, The Rain Song, Dazed and Confused, Stairway to Heaven, Moby Dick, Heartbreaker, Whole Lotta Love.

The greatest band in the history of music, and certainly the greatest ever live band, captured at their peak and in their element. The live footage shows a superbly talented band in full flight, playing with incredible power and cohesion, and highly confident in their abilities and popularity. There's a mystique to the performance - it transcends mere music.

However, reducing the impact of live music is some of the non-musical stuff. The behind the scenes of a touring band and home lives stuff is fine, and gives a good indication of what it must be like to be the world's greatest band. No, it's the dramatisations and symbolic imagery that take the edge off what was otherwise a fantastic movie. They just seem so cheesy and unnecessary.
May 11, 2016
Best band ever sorry Beatles fans!!
January 24, 2015
Now this is how to make a concert movie. Could be the greatest one ever made. Includes amusing incerpts and insights from an era where i can only imagine what the experience was. Awsome live version of Dazed and confused, my favorite part
½ April 26, 2014
Raw and powerful, this concert movie successfully captures the awesomeness of the amazing rock band.
½ January 28, 2014
A great concert movie padded out with some pretentious twaddle. Worth watching just for the great music alone.
Been a long time since I rock & rolled...
July 20, 2013
This is a fairly odd movie. The "dream" sequences (for the most part) are interesting, but some come off as a bit odd and weird and even boring to some. While I do have mixed feelings about the dream sequences, Led Zeppelin's 1973 at the Madison Square Garden is just awesome. All the songs are performed well with a mix of improvisation and sound techniques. I would recommend this film only for the hardcore fans. But if you don't like Led Zeppelin's music or acid-fest-like-arthouse movies, this is not for you. i personally like it okay, as I said before the live show is a solid 10/10 but the acid sequences can be odd.
November 12, 2012
Best Heavy Meteal Movie Ever!