Legally Blonde 2 - Red, White & Blonde - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Legally Blonde 2 - Red, White & Blonde Reviews

½ August 28, 2016
A mediocre sequel. Not as good as the first, but it's pretty good.
July 20, 2016
I honestly don't think it was THAT bad. It wasn't as good as the first one but it was still good. All the conflicts made me excited and for the whole one hour and something minutes I barely took my eyes off the screen.
May 15, 2016
Even though I didn't like the first one, I'm just curious
½ May 1, 2016
Like most sequels to lightweight comedies, Legally Blonde 2: Red, White and Blonde takes an already thin concept and stretches it out to the form of a tissue, leaving us with less a film and more of a dull reminder of what we could be watching.
March 23, 2016
ahh, legally blonde. you gotta love it. this sequel wasn't as good as the original but who wouldn't love elle?!
February 6, 2016
A great followup to the original. Just as good.
January 27, 2016
Not as good as the first one but is still good.
January 18, 2016
I like Reese Witherspoon - and her character is this 2 movie series. However, this sequel is a pale modified echo of the original.
July 5, 2015
I recently tried to rewatch this on Netflix and failed to get through the first 5 minutes. The ridiculousness of being able to find a dog's "birth mom" is what made me turn it off. We learned to love Elle Wood's in the first movie, and her innate naivety. But I think in this movie, we learn that she really is just a dumb blonde and we wonder, how did she get through law school again?
½ June 29, 2015
Oof. That's how I felt after seeing Legally Blonde 2. Throughout this movie I felt like the director thought the viewing audience was stupid and had to dumb stuff down for us. The film follows the recently engaged Elle Woods whom just got fired from her great job to go against an organization that uses pets as test subjects. Normally this may have gone unnoticed but Bruiser's mom is one of the dogs there and wants this to be brought to the attention of the Capitol. This film is just dumb. D-U-M-B dumb. To prove how dumb this film is ill say one sentence that pertains to the focus of the movie. Elle has a person look up Bruiser's ancestors and the whole reason this got noticed was because his mom was a test subject.... The worst part is the guy went ahead and did a background check. If she found Bruiser on the street, how would you be able to find his mom if his last name wasn't Woods when he wasn't hers yet??? This movie therefore shouldn't exist because of how stupid it proves itself to be based on that background check. The supporting cast is not that great in fact the only people who weren't totally obnoxious or not great in the movie at all were Reese Witherspoon and Bob Newhart. I really liked Witherspoon in the original Legally Blonde but she does the exact same performance as the first like play to play the exact same and it really is poor writing. Naive blonde goes to get noticed somewhere so she can get something she wants and of course gets it. There's also conflicting information at times such as the beginning scrapbook scene when they are describing each memory and they get to Elle and Emmett's first encounter and it shows them kissing? And they also got shots that would've been impossible to get given that these people weren't even there to take the picture. The gay dog joke throughout the film I thought was really stupid and kinda offensive in a way given that the guy was freaking out that his dog was gay. Also there's no tension or suspense as to what will happen or between two characters because theres pretty much no chemistry to be found. There's also a ton of cliched characters such as the uptight lawyer, the nerdy awkward assistant, the quite intern, and of course the naive blonde which was actually not annoying in the original. The intern lady always had this constipated look on her face in every scene that was super hard to look at because I felt dumber every time I looked at her. The only good part I can find in this movie is that there's some things that remind me of the original but not a lot unfortunately. Legally Blonde 2: Red, White, and Blonde was a totally unnecessary sequel that ruined the good things from the first and made a really poorly written and sometimes poorly acted movie. D
½ June 13, 2015
Elle is back and is getting married and trying to find brusiers parents so they can go to the wedding. Terrible and stupid movie. I'm glad she got fired from she first job to fight for all animals that are being tested.
½ June 13, 2015
Love this one but I love the 1st one better.
May 24, 2015
Here's the thing, just because you win the lottery, doesn't mean you should play the EXACT same numbers thinking you will win again. That's what I feel they tried here. They gambled with this premise the first time and the won. They should never tried again. Flat out disaster!
½ May 9, 2015
I wasn't amused with the first Legally Blonde movie, it was cliched and unlikable, with annoying characters, unfunny girl oriented humor, and a predictable overused story. Here's Legally Blonde 2, which has all this and more x10. There is nothing to like about one of the worst comedy sequels I've ever seen, the story and characters are cringeworthy.
Elle Woods graduates from Harvard and heads to the Congressional chambers of Washington, DC in order to stop animal testing so her pet dog Bruiser can reunite with his mother. Along the way, she makes friends with several Congressional leaders and fights against a two-faced Congresswoman to get her bill passed.
Legally Blonde 2 has essentially nothing good or funny about it - this time, Elle is noticably more idiotic and is more irritating, as well as her unnecessarily placed friends, who serve as the comic relief. The plot itself is cringeworthy and places the writers' and Elle's stance on animal testing - the film tends to show itself as a bad example of a political comedy, just because it's set in Congress - there's nothing political about it, it's a way to get a sequel for Elle to redeem herself as smart still. The film also uses talented and experienced actors like Sally Field and Bob Newhart in the film - great actors play the worst characters in the film. The comedy is still extremely girl oriented and unfunny. Legally Blonde 2 is a scenario made for disaster...
March 22, 2015
It's one of the worst pieces of stupid, girly, and full of pink crap I've ever seen!
March 18, 2015
Not as funny as the first one, but still pretty good.
December 28, 2014
Love this movie sooo much
August 15, 2014
(First viewing - Summer 2003 in theaters)
July 23, 2014
Need to see the first one first