Legend of Bruce Lee - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Legend of Bruce Lee Reviews

December 9, 2012
This Bruce Lee Series should be brought to the states.
October 16, 2012
not a doc but a bio-pic.
September 9, 2012
It ain't great, but the lead actor is one of the better Bruce Lee clones. It was made for Chinese TV, which explains its 3 hour length and poor production values.
July 21, 2012
i expected alot more from this bruce lee biopic that after running for three hours should have told me a solid and acurate story of his life and work, but instead i got loads of pointless fight scenes, some weak acting and some serious over forced plot points, it tries to tell so many stories, plus a fight scene every ten minutes, but it fails at most things, at times its acurate, at times it couldnt be any less if it tried, and anybody hoping to see much of bruce lee working on his movies, there is little to none, now im a huge bruce lee fan but he deserves better than this, the best thing about the movie are the fight scenes that are also fiction, and the ending dosent pack the emotional wollap it should. dont bother with this movie as its a pretty poor version of his life and go and watch 'dragon the bruce lee story' a much better version of this story
May 16, 2012
Muy mala, pero bueeeena para cagarse de la risa.
October 13, 2011
Legendary and nice theme song
½ June 1, 2011
Pretty entertaining although the music played throughout is ridiculously annoying and the fact that it isn't dubbed over in English is a minus in my book
May 28, 2011
A great re-telling of Bruce Lee's life story. Any fan of Bruce Lee should watch this movie. Ohh yes its dubbed in english but its a great explanation less about the fighting but the philosophy behind the martial art. THe beauty of this re-telling i loved is more about the depiction of how through martial arts Bruce Lee brought cultures together and even united the divide within his culture to show that we are really one and should learn the beauty of each others cultures and every aspect.
½ April 17, 2011
The music was annoying and awful. I was happy that they showed a good combination of his fighting and also the development of his new style. It showed a lot of the various things he had to do in order to make progress with his dream. The movie was pretty cool I enjoyed watching it.
March 9, 2011
Quite the throwback to the Bruce Lee Story but more detailed which shows his early years of development in the art of Kung Fu but as time grew on he studied many styles of Chinese martial arts and boxing he made improvements where there were flaws such disadvantages to certain styles in their techniques but Bruce Lee
was a brilliant,innovative, interesting, and a pop culture icon who left a legacy to the martial arts community and the world plus he single handedly revolutionized what we now know today as Kung Fu or martial arts since there are so many different styles and so many ways to show case them all though i gotta say this film is action packed and it stayed true to what Bruce started and overall the actor portraying him is simply outstanding, i quite enjoyed this film and the story plus what a great ensemble cast
February 5, 2011
How do I explain this movie? It's based on Bruce Lee's life if Bruce Lee's life was a huge action movie. For example, in real life Bruce Lee injured his back while practising backflips. In this movie, the back injury is because a rival takes a cheap shot at him after his fight for the right to teach non-chinese kung-fu in America.
It's a fun material arts film with a ton of fight scenes and it seems to be more concerned with how he developed his own style of fighting then anything else. The dialogue isn't the best like whenever Bruce is in the hospital, the first thing doctor's say is "He has no body fat."
"But what's wrong with him."
"He's like steel."
The guy playing Bruce Lee does a good job.
½ January 31, 2011
Dissapointing and inaccurate. Lionsgate has bought the rights from the tv network originally aired in china, and condensed fifty one hour episodes into a three hour movie. Alot of the facts were wrong and this makes u want to watch dragon the bruce lee story all for the wrong.reasons.
October 11, 2010
ijust saw this movie with my Dad downstairs on On Demand and it was great since were such big fans of Mr. Lee
September 25, 2010
Some interesting material, but could/should have been filmed/cut better.
½ September 21, 2010
The budget for this movie was ridiculous for the outcome! I was greatly disappointed. I'll Dragon next week...