The Legend of Drunken Master (Jui kuen II) (Drunken Fist II) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Legend of Drunken Master (Jui kuen II) (Drunken Fist II) Reviews

August 24, 2017
Probably one of my favorite Jackie Chan films.
½ August 7, 2017
Very fun action mixed with a strange story and hijinks.
½ March 13, 2017
fantastic, but less kinetic then police story. is second best.
January 24, 2017
Among all of Chan's films, this one has the most incredible fight choreography.
½ December 31, 2016
great movie. very funny and some BEASTLY fight scenes. he's SO FAST. and I really can't believe the extent to which he does his own stunts (1 viewing)

SPOILERS

Like lighting himself on fire, crazy
½ September 1, 2016
"The Legend of the Drunken Master" ranks alongside some of the greatest martial arts movies of all time.
July 10, 2016
Possible Chan's best fight choreography ever
April 20, 2016
Best Jackie Chan movie
April 4, 2016
One of the only comedies that I can honestly say is five stars; this movie is hysterical and endlessly entertaining, whether you're watching it alone or with friends.
March 4, 2016
Wong Fei Hong (Jackie Chan) was only looking to sneak some ginseng through customs, but his desire for duty-free shopping results in him being accidentally embroiled in a plot by a British imperialist to steal valuable Chinese artifacts. Unfortunately for the villains, Wong is a master of a deadly form of martial arts that, to the embarrassment of Wong's father, requires its practitioner to be drunk while fighting. The Legend of Drunken Master is one of the most entertaining vehicles for Jackie Chan's talents as both martial artist and physical comedian. This film rolls along enjoyably thanks to its goofy humor, likable characters, and a number of boundlessly creative fight scenes.
February 16, 2016
Lot of fighting and acrobatics. Not much of a storyline.
½ February 15, 2016
WOW!
The final fight scene is so good that it made me cry.
The Legend of Drunken Master is a masterpiece.
January 6, 2016
If there was a 6th Star on this app, that's what I would give the fight sequences in Drunken Master. This is Jackie Chan at his all-time greatest I think. I know some editing was done of these scenes, but it's hard for me to comprehend how each scene didn't take 1,000 attempts to get right.

A step behind the fight sequences, you'll find the humor in this movie. Even as you're watching with subtitles to follow the story, the facial expressions and comedic timing of the cast will have you laughing.

Being born in '89, I tend to think that even some of the worst movies now are better than good movies from the 70s and 80s. This movie will make me look like an idiot though. It still holds up, and will continue to hold up for a long, long time.

I highly recommend this movie to all fans of action, martial arts, comedy, adventure and movies in general.
January 2, 2016
Show me a person who dislikes Jackie Chan and I will show you a person that I can't be real friends with. This pseudo-sequel is full of what we love with the martial arts master: fight choreography that is as funny as it is breathtakingly brilliant. Chan is great of course, but Mui, who plays his step-mom, steals the show. Good-looking, quickly paced, and hilarious.
½ September 6, 2015
Si Armadura de Dios fue una ligera decepción, esta continuación de la saga de Chan del luchador borracho ha sido todo lo contrario. Tiene los ingredientes suficientes para ser todo un espectáculo.

La trama es sencilla, pero todos sabemos que lo importante es tener las excusas suficientes para ver una lucha tras otra. Y aquí estamos más que satisfechos.

Chan está tan sobreactuado como siempre, pero le dejan tener algún momento dramático que demuestra que algo de actuación puede hacer. Sin embargo el show lo roba Anita Mui, haciendo de su madre y que es sin duda el centro de todo lo cómico que sucede en la película.

Y como no, los combates están muy bien coreografiados, son abundantes y entretenidos, y tenemos algún que otro clásico stunt peligroso de Chan.

Una película tremendamente divertida.
½ August 19, 2015
Superb martial arts comedy that represents the very best of Jackie Chan's work. Chan is at his best playing Wong Fei-Hung and the 'drunken boxer' concept is a perfect combination to show off both his martial arts prowess & comedic skills, as the only way he can fight is by getting drunk. He gets great support from the rest of the cast, particularly Anita Mui as his scheming, Mahjong loving stepmother, who even gets to show off some martial arts skills herself. Behind the camera, the crew craft a fun film with plenty of brilliant martial arts & comedic sequences (the final 20 minute is a masterpiece). Overall, one of Jackie Chan's best films, which by default, makes it one of the best & funniest martial arts films ever.
August 3, 2015
An action coreography that's second to none.
July 27, 2015
The fights are amazing; the final sequence at the steel mill is completely fucking insane. You have to see it. And, while the story is stupid and the villains absurd (and not in a fun way), there's still enjoyable elements to the non-fighting scenes, such as the refreshingly sympathetic and non-evil step-mother (she's a real brassy, tough broad, I liked that character quite a bit), and...OK maybe that's it. But those fights! Also Andy Lau in a weird cameo that I kept expecting to pay off somehow.
May 30, 2015
Funny and entertaining to a fault. The fight sequences are outstanding and fun to watch. Jackie Chan proves us he's brave and will do whatever it takes to give the audiences what they want. "The Legend of Drunken Master" or "Drunken Fist II" in Hong Kong achieves everything what martial arts films should be: Not being serious.
March 25, 2015
The moment you see Jackie use Drunken Boxing ...you'll know its not just for show...