Legend of Leigh Bowery - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Legend of Leigh Bowery Reviews

July 3, 2014
I still miss him. He certainly had a distinct way of looking at life and art.
½ May 8, 2012
should b more on the legend and one of the first 2b a part of his art
May 7, 2012
just too too muchness
January 14, 2011
Highly commend this to anyone who has been sheltered from Bowery thus far. The story is..... he was a showgirl, but that was many years ago when there used to be a show. WTF is the reaction Bowery most enjoyed, and it was my initial reaction to LB as I dawdled through life in the sort of suburbs he shrugged off. I was watching sbs" eat carpet" one night, might have had a drink or something, and a short film of Bowery came on wearing a helmet and "those" outfits; there was no google or wiki then, so for years I thought Leigh Bowery was a comic routine by Alexei Sayle.
Nicola Bowery is a stand out in this doco, and Michael Clark gets around in y fronts and pants with the back cut out, which must be worth a look in and of itself.
December 6, 2010
the most amzing movie ive ever seen
August 5, 2010
Ok He was One Who Looked Lived Breathed Out Side The Box ...
BUT!!! Havng his assistant Wife Drink His Pee And Vomit Was Over The top For me !!!! Other than Another Beautifull Creative Gay man Consumed By AID'S....
I Allso Loved Gia The Rebeliouse Lezzi Model That Kicked azz And Kissed U After ...She Died Of AID's...
This Man HAd A Fantasic Artistic View Could Have Been Sooo Much More Live Fast DIe Young They Say ......
February 7, 2010
I hadn't heard about this bloke, but he certainly gives Lady Gaga a run for her money--fashion wise. Fascinating, shocking-for-the-sake-of-shock, and lewd, Leigh must have been great friends with Divine!
January 17, 2010
Ummmmm what to say.....awkward? lol....i really went into the movie with an open mind and i came out bewildered yet amused....this guy was a genius really....his artistic styles were fabulous and creative to say the least.....he may be as queer as a three dollar bill, but this movie had alot of inspiration lol....check out this strange documentary and check out the really funky designs
September 13, 2009
Pretty underwhelmed actually. I didn't really see the reason why Bowery was considered talented...he was one notch above club kid and had some interesting silhouttes but I would not consider him a fashion designer, more of a performance artist. This featured boring interviews and some gorgeous images from Lucien Freud's collection of Bowery portaits.
½ June 27, 2009
As brill as Leigh Bowery was, the documentary itself is less than stellar.
February 9, 2009
½ February 1, 2009
usual: unremarkable formally as a documentary, but the subject is pretty much astonishing. leigh bowery is huge brilliant.
January 12, 2009
I had seen images of him around, but never knew much about him. Really awesome progressive performance artist. Amazing how he used his own body and whatnot as the canvas. This should be required viewing for any aspiring performance artist, fashion designer, or drag queen/king.
October 27, 2008
fascinating guy, perhaps even out-Warholed Andy Warhol. his creations have to be seen to be believed.
August 20, 2008
As far as documentaries go...not the best. The filmmaking unremarkable..but the subject..the man...leigh bowery! WOW! So iconic..so inspiring..so unabashedly unique and true to himself. While this documentary does not reflect the full personality of its subject...it does allow for a more personal glimpse of this truly one of a kind artist.
June 16, 2008
Great film, great man, great life.
June 10, 2008
I wish I could watch every movie ever made but I sadly don't have the time. I'm not interested in this movie because I don't think I'll like it or don't know enough about it to think I might like it. I may still end up seeing it some day though.
May 24, 2008
Each facade is better than the last... so fucking inspiring... Damn, I wish there were more of him!

in short: yes,
Leigh Bowery is my fucking idol.
May 11, 2008
Nothing's noteworthy about the filmmaking. But Bowery's a noteworthy and iconic subject. Makes it worth watching.
½ March 29, 2008
Ever since I saw him in the Lucian Freud paintings at the MET I have been intrigued by him. The documentary is really interesting. Seeing his different costumes and all of the different roles that he's taken on from club owner, modern dancer to rock star is fascinating. A very genuine, unique and creative individual.