Legendary - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Legendary Reviews

March 20, 2015
Fantastic pic for most of the first hour or so, but virtually everything during the last hour left me at best wanting, and at worst, totally taken out of the film due to how formulaic the story was, and how badly the interactions between this talented cast were scripted.
½ February 23, 2015
I knew everything that was gonna happen. Super predictable!
February 13, 2015
While some of the moves shown in the Film were incorrect. The wrestling scenes were awesome and the cast did an amazing job. Except that one girl
July 3, 2014
A decent movie for the family.
January 5, 2014
Amazing inspirational great movie only a tiny bit inappropriate but great if u like wrestling u will love this
September 16, 2013
Not good, but not bad. One of the WWE's best movies by far though, which speaks volumes about WWE's movie industry.
September 16, 2013
Predictable feel-good drama. But for Production company WWE Films, its not bad.
August 23, 2013
Legendary is very heart warming.
July 6, 2013
Finally John Cena has a good movie and a good role. This movie will hit you hard in the heart
July 4, 2013
OMG I'm never left scratching my head like when I read critics on a movie, you can bet if the Critics do not like the movie it will be good and it was an awesome movie. A little chic flixy and wrestling for the guys but they just might get smoke in their eyes while watching ;~)
½ June 24, 2013
very simple plot...too simple, but whatever it was fine. cena didn't do too bad either.
June 23, 2013
John Cena delivers again. With 10 minutes to go it was absolute cheese. Then the last 2 minutes were good.
½ June 15, 2013
Such a sappy story about an underdog and his dysfunctional family. Of course I liked it a lot. Lol. I do love sappy.
½ June 5, 2013
Ok so Patricia Clarkson and Danny Glover raise this movie SO FAR up above what is actually is, it's astounding. The filming is pretty good. Some of the other actors are great, some, are just not very good...I;m sorry John Cena does NOT look under 30. He looks nearly 40, like he could be Patricia Clarkson's boyfriend. I'm so sorry if he should read this, but reality is reality and trying to fit a square peg in a round hole makes things worse in the film biz! That kind of stuff ruins careers. Anyway, this could have been a pretty good story but it fell short in story telling and most of all what truly definitely destroys this film so that it has a 17% here on Rotten Tomatoes is the music. Anyone who made significant choices in the making of this film should make sure the Music Supe of this film NEVER works again, that person SUCKS! The soundtrack is SO important for atmosphere and emotional connection, the music is SO lame I just could NOT finish watching, it was too painful and not worth it. I've seen Patricia Clarkson ad Fanny Glover in MANY other great roles.
May 29, 2013
Good enough to pass the time I guess. But I do have to say, as a high school wrestler, all the hype and grandeur of wrestling in the movie is over exaggerated. It's my favorite sport and I love it to death, but In real life, teams are (most of the time) lucky if we even get 40-50 people to show up. (Unless its regionals, nationals, masters, or state competitions that really only come once a year.) No one really cares for wrestling unless its WWE stage fighting. The high school sport with all the attention is football. Other than that I found the film, as unoriginal and cliched as it was, pretty decent.
April 10, 2013
For a movie starring john cena its actually pretty good his other movies are abit up and down but i think most people would settle for this. not bad but not the best
½ March 24, 2013
I wasn't attached to the cast. Cena was okay but his mom (Pat Clarkson) was the highlight though. Glover was a little annoying acting like an angel for the main character. I wouldn't go out of my way to make sure to watch it.
March 15, 2013
It was a heart warming story. I would recommend this movie to everybody.
March 10, 2013
one of john cena's best movies
SC007
February 17, 2013
The film isn't bad but it is not great either. It feels like an after school special. The film reminded me of movies like Win Win, Vision Quest, The Fighter, Invincible, and the Karate Kid. Only those movies were better than this one. They needed a better director and a better script. I didn't like that they had songs in the film during scenes that didn't need songs. The film is also predictable.

Patricia Clarkson shines in the film. Her best scene is with Cena in jail. Cena, I thought was better here than in 12 Rounds or The Marine. I would like to see him do a film with Mark Wahlberg. Danny Glover also shines in his supporting role. Devon Graye and all the other cast members felt miscast in their roles. Devon has no chemistry with Cena or Clarkson.

The film is worth checking out for the performances of Clarkson, Glover, and Cena.