Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events Reviews

January 15, 2017
The terrific performance from Jim Carey and wonderful visuals are a great reason to love this movie. I wish it could've continued into a franchise, but hopefully the Netflix series with Neil Patrick Harris will be just as fun as this film.
January 14, 2017
Definitely one of the best family-comedy/kids movies i've seen in a long time. This movie will lift the spirit of young children's minds. It also shows them the act of crime, love, loss, and tribute. And evil of course.
½ January 8, 2017
Although I had better time imagining how dark and unpredictable the books were in my mind, seeing that it's so dark you can't imagine it as rated PG, but Jim Carrey proves to be an excellent Count Olaf who nailed it just like Heath Ledger did for Nolan's Joker.
½ December 31, 2016
A perfectly fine movie with some flaws.
December 26, 2016
With Jim Carrey shining in the role of Count Olaf and some great performances from its stars including its gifted young stars as well as some stunning visuals, Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events is an enjoyable treat for those looking for a film with a darker tone than your regular kid's movie even if it doesn't quite live up to its true potential.
½ December 23, 2016
It only feels the presence of Jim Carrey. Very disappointing, but characteristic as a book
December 9, 2016
For the time it was made and how the kids were young actors and were not well known yet it was amazing. When I saw this movie in theaters I was in my preteen years I immediatly obsessed over its amazing quality and storyline. Years later as I watch it not even a day ago I'm amazed by how the quality still impresses me and how the story line doesn't make me roll my eyes like most movies from back in the day. The actresses/actors are perfect for every part they place and I'm worried that the new TV show won't hold up against this crew. I believe this is a great movie that doesn't get the credit it deserves. Love it love it love it.
December 6, 2016
Cute and fun for adults.
November 19, 2016
I decided to see this since Netflix is turning it into a TV series next year. A great performance from Jim Carrey and an engaging plot, set up for sequels that did not happen, doesn't do the book series justice. Very entertaining and funny.
November 18, 2016
I love the books!!! I really enjoy the movie.
½ November 4, 2016
Hâte de voir la série sur Netflix.
October 4, 2016
Hilarious, grimly unique, unorthodox, well directed, it's altering of the source material an some occasional missed potential being the only minor flaws it exhibits.
October 1, 2016
Good story. Jim Carrey rocks!
September 11, 2016
A very Burtonesque dark comedy-fantasy for kids with a very strong cast. Don't be put off by seeing Jude Law's name in the opening credits, he's only the narrator and not in it very much.
½ September 10, 2016
I love the movie and everything about it and I read all of the books( VERY GOOD BOOKS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ YET, READ THEM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!) But they should make more movies for the other books becuase they didn't make movies for 11 more books like COME ON I would be so happy if they made movies for the other, PLEASE do :)
½ July 26, 2016
I found this movie terrible because the chances of these events happening is 0.1%
½ July 25, 2016
One of my favorite movies ever.
½ July 25, 2016
This could have turned out worse. For a movie that crammed 3 books into 1. It could have been better. Jim Carrey's portrayal was too silly for me to be intimidated by Olaf. Which sucks, because the book version scares the shit out of me.
July 21, 2016
Es una de mis peliculas favoritas ever.
½ June 22, 2016
It's more silly than depressing, but it's a fun adaption of the first three books in the series. Jim Carrey's role ultimately stands out, and it is good, but the rest of the cast is just as fine. It's a little rushed at times, and doesn't have the most solid ending. The sets and designs are really nice. A enjoyable, fun dark movie.