Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man Reviews

• Feb 12, 2017

I rarely see music documentaries but I'm Your Man is simply poetic. You see all starry singers sing their cover of Cohen' s songs. While enjoying the music throughout the documentary, it also feels like reading a book on Cohen.

• Jan 23, 2017

All the artists featured in this film are understandably reverent about Leonard Cohen's work, even if the performances are hit or miss. Nick Cave's performances resonate the most, especially his version of "Suzanne." I wish this would have had even more conversations with the man himself. Still, it's a loving tribute to this much-missed poet/prophet.

• Feb 02, 2014

nice tribute. the only thing that really bugs me is U2. bono seems to think the most important thing about cohen is bono

• Apr 28, 2013

I thoughly enjoyed this, especially since I had no idea what to expect going into it and not much knowledge of Leonard Cohen's music or of the various performers in this movie. I was so pleasantly surprised at the many wonderful, albeit some quirky, performances which kept me and my entire family completely glued to the screen. I absolutely adored Rufus Wainwright, and Antony's performance stayed with me for days. I craved to watch it again, but I unfortunately returned it too quickly.

• Mar 26, 2013

Quiet introapection from Len, and quiet admiration from various artists. Nick cave is featured prominently, and Cohen fronts the band U2. A must see for poets, spiritualists, and Cohen fans alike.

• Jan 02, 2013

A documentary about someone like Cohen could be a lot more interesting. Instead of just asking some people to cover his songs they could have included more interviews with composers, poets, people who have worked with him or singers. My favorite part was the few sentences he said before the end, about how people see him, but that's it. I almost hated every single cover, except for the ones done by Nick Cave. All in all, I was expecting something a lot better.

• Apr 10, 2012

a magnificent tribute to the great lenoard cohen

a magnificent tribute to the great lenoard cohen

• Dec 09, 2011

Great to know more about the man and hear music I didn't know well, but knew of. Also learnt of some other talents I was unaware of --- Rufus Wainwright being a highlight.

• Aug 23, 2010

A fine tribute dedicated to the masterful prophet Leonard Cohen and his immortal songs, but not all cover versions are equally good. The documentary is strongest when the legendary singer shares out of his immense wisdom.

• Jun 30, 2010

Documentary slash concert. Great performances of grand songs.

Documentary slash concert. Great performances of grand songs.