Leonera (Lion's Den) Reviews

• Feb 28, 2015

This film is so well done, so realistically made, it took more than half the film to see something too impossible to be recorded as it happened. The acting is fabulous. The story is connecting. The feelings are true. The outcome we though was automatic, is not. It is like following the course of a newly formed river. We guess it's path toward lower ground and all flows naturally until an effort is made to direct the river a little made it go a completely different path. When we reflect on it, we see that the river was working her own path toward the open ocean, not toward the inland lake/ocean.

• Feb 28, 2015

• Jun 10, 2014

Very emotional movie

Very emotional movie

• May 22, 2014

wow ummm just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch......its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie......i think that Leonardo Sauma, Laura Garcia, Rodrigo Santoro, Eli Medeiros, Martina Gusman, play good roles/parts throughout this movie......i think that the director of this art house/inter national/drama movie had done a great job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie.......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie,......i think that this is such a really powerful drama movie 2 watch it is such a really enjoyable drama movie 2 watch it is such a really sad movie 2 watch.......i think that this is such a really sad movie 2 watch it is such a really difficult movie 2 watch as it is such a really sad movie 2 watch its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie.......i think that this is such a really difficult movie 2 watch it is such a superb movie 2 watch it is a really well written/acted/directed movie 2 watch its got a great cast throughout this movie it is such a really sad movie 2 watch but its such a stunningly beautiful movie 2 watch its got a great cast throughout this movie its so really well directed movie 2 watch its got a great cast throughout this movie.....

• Mar 05, 2014

Thoughtful piece on the person, incarceration and motherhood.

Thoughtful piece on the person, incarceration and motherhood.

• Dec 14, 2013

Powerful story of a woman trying to raise her child while in prison.

Powerful story of a woman trying to raise her child while in prison.

• Jesse O Super Reviewer
    Feb 19, 2013

I would never say that the film was bad. But until Julia gives birth to her son, the movie is kind of aimless. When it becomes a story about a mother doing everything she can to raise her son as normally as she can under strange circumstances, then the movie improves a whole lot. Everything that happened before that was still solid and Martina Gusman was more good in her role, it's just that the story doesn't really kick in until she gives birth. The movie is well made and acted. I also liked the fact that there's a bit of ambiguity and the movie never tells you whether Julia did or did not murder the person she was accused of murdering. I thought that added a little intrigue to the story that wouldn't have been there if they had told you explicitly whether she did it or not. It's just a tiny little touch that actually adds a lot to the film as far as being intriguing and adding a little mystery to the proceedings. There was potential for this film to be melodramatic and overacted but I think, and this is typical of a lot of Argentinian films I've seen, the films are believably acted and they have a grit to their visual style that is more realistic. That's about it, sometimes the film can be a mixed bag but once the story gets to the heart of the matter, it ends up becoming a strong film with an excellent performance from Martina Gusman.

• Jan 08, 2013

Martina Gusman hace rato que se perfila como "la" actriz argentina de la década, completando películas buenas y muy buenas con actuaciones destacables, En ésta su personaje sobresale con luces propias, mucho más que en Carancho por ejemplo, pero tal como en esta última, la propia película queda debiendo un poquito más.

• Sep 25, 2012

muy triste pero muy buena

muy triste pero muy buena

• Jul 05, 2012

This movie was one of the strange and very hard to see cause it shows real women's prison and It's real,no matter if its in a foreign country like Argentina,life in prison for mother's and children really sucks,and for last I love how we Latin people act and direct movies in spanish,I just love it.So for that I gave this movie a C-.