Les Aimants (Love and Magnets) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Les Aimants (Love and Magnets) Reviews

June 24, 2015
Parfait ! L'un, sinon, mon film quebecois prefere... drôle, intelligent, cute,... Et que dire des comédiens, de la trame sonore... On aime, on aime, on aime !
December 3, 2012
Good movie, it wasn't bad.
January 25, 2011
J'aime beaucoup ce film, chaque fois il me fascine. On s'attache vite aux personnages interprts par Isabelle Blais et Stphane Gagnon. Bonne distribution, un bon premier film sign Yves Pelletier.
½ November 13, 2010
A comedy about a woman communicating to her fianc by posting notes on the refrigerator with magnets because of their incompatible working scedules. "Aimants" means lovers also a synonymn for magnet. The film focuses mainly of characters development but it was weak and not quite gripping. A Qubec film.
September 5, 2010
C'est bôôôô! Touchant et à la fois surprenant, Yves Pelletier nous amène dans un jeu pour adulte qui s'inspire des amours du primaire et secondaire. Isabelle Blais est toujours aussi captivante à l'écran et Sylvie Moreau remplie bien son rôle. Une bonne comédie qui tient à nous rappeler que l'amour est toujours possible.
½ June 19, 2009
I'm sure it would have been better had my attention span been a little better. Nonetheless, it was cute, and cool since some of it was filmed outside my friends building right in the McGill ghetto
June 3, 2009
Yves P Pelletier is really good at not beeing funny
April 15, 2009
Wow, this love story kick ass. Funny, romantic, tragic. How powerful is love and destiny together ^^
Edit: a faisait longtemps, mais le film a aucunement perdu de son charme, irrsistible clin d'oeil gigantesque au marivaudage et aux chass-crois. Dlicieux en tout point.
½ July 23, 2008
I didn't understand much because this French movie didn't have English subtitles on the DVD I rented, but it looked great and I was able to follow enough of the story through the visuals.
July 14, 2008
Une idée fort sympa qui traine en rebondissement. La réalisation est très sensible, tout comme la musique de Bastien et Dumas. Vive le thérémine!!!
May 3, 2008
directed by Yves Pelletier
starring Isabelle Blais, Sylvie Moreau, Emmanuel BilodeauIts hard to believe this film was written and directed by Yves Pelletier. For the ones who dont know him, Pelletier can be compared in some way to, lets say, Will Ferrell, with his crazyness. Yves Pelletier is a funny guy and has been known as such for twenty years but here he comes with a romantic comedy, and its one of the best in that genre I have ever seen.The plot is a bit comlicated, it invovles two sisters, many lovers, pretending to be someone else and a lot of coincidences. That kinda stuff is usually very cheesy but Pelletier manages to bring those coincidences without giving us the chance to see them coming. Its extremely well-crafted.You know how there are some films with misunderstandings that could be settled with just one conversation. In this film there are many misunderstandng but one conversation would simply ruin the plans for all the characters so we end up being stuck in a spiral of little white lies and funny misunderstanding making the film so engrossing.The soundtrack by Carl Bastien and Dumas is right on, perfect score, the performances by the entire cast is amazing. Isabelle Blais is cute, Sylvie Moreau is hilarious, Emmanuel Bilodeau is great as usual. Les Aimants is very well-written, probablt one of the most complete screenplay to be put on screen, even if its not too complex, its extremely effective. A very fun film that can only make you smile from beginning to end. Good stuff.
March 13, 2008
Un de mes films préféré de tous les temps.
½ February 11, 2008
Charmant, cocasse et touchant.
February 8, 2008
Vraiment tres super mega bon! En plus, c'est Dumas qui fait la bande sonore! Wooow!
January 24, 2008
Découverte de la semaine!!! Je sais que ça fait 4 ans que ce film là est sorti... mais mieux vaut tard que jamais comme dirait l'autre! J'ai vraiment ADOR? c'est un film toute cute comme je les aime!
January 18, 2008
brillant,seduisant et incroyablement intelligent
December 26, 2007
Cute comme film. Yves P. P. a reussi a m'emouvoir
December 13, 2007
Comedie romantique tres bien reussi... Bravo Yves Pelletier!
½ November 30, 2007
Kind of quirky and bizarre, but very funny I thought. Might be found in your foreign film section, but it takes place in Montreal and Ottawa!
November 26, 2007
coup de coeur! mais je ne suis pas capable de décrire exactement ce que ca me fait en dedans