Reviews

• Jun 03, 2017

Gentle comedy with a great cast.

Gentle comedy with a great cast.

• Feb 26, 2014

Endearing Woody Allen-esque drama. Agnès Jaoui specialises in witty and intelligent romantic comedies and while this is not quite as good as her earlier film 'Le Goût des Autres', it is still an amusing enough way to spend 90 minutes and a few scenes with Bacri as a hapless film-maker are very funny indeed.

• Oct 02, 2013

La profondeur des personnages, et Bacri a contre-emploi, Tres drole et tres juste

• Daniel P Super Reviewer
    Feb 28, 2013

A gentle tone, likeable characters, rural locations and unassuming narrative belies explorations on feminism, racism, misogyny and fidelity to name a few. Funny largely without being "laugh-out-loud" funny, and dramatic without being melodramatic, the film is satisfying and quietly moving and shows the universal truth that although most people want to change, few do, and when they do, it's in small gestures and kindnesses.

• Jun 09, 2012

not a lot really happens...but i enjoyed it well enough, and laughed quite a bit.

• May 13, 2012

Very slow... Good cast, solid interpretation, a few funny and interesting moments, however when it ended I felt almost relieved.

• Aug 20, 2011

An obscure comedy-drama without a strong plot - although being a French film the national nuances contained within do help.

• Jul 31, 2011

Funny (a funny French film!), and heartfelt.

Funny (a funny French film!), and heartfelt.

• Apr 27, 2011

There are so many conflicting messages in this movie that it's hard to pinpoint exactly what it is about. The characters are complicated and have very few redeeming qualities. Maybe I just don't get French filmmaking but I'm not sure what to make of this one.

• Apr 13, 2011

The movie is definitely strange. The characters are interesting and the actors are good, but the plot is a bit trivial and in certain parts, also quite irritating! It was labelled as comedy, but we were more astonished and mesmerized than entertained.