Let It Ride - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Let It Ride Reviews

October 29, 2018
Great characters; lots of laughs. A great way to get primed for a trip to the track.
October 8, 2018
The "one - liners" in this movie are stellar! If you've been around horse racing, gambling. odd balls and funny people, you'll laugh at this movie.
½ May 17, 2018
loved it. wonderful characters and score.
January 20, 2018
Occasionally cute, but mostly meandering tale about a down on his luck bookie who all of a sudden has a winning streak. That's essentially the plot. Richard Dreyfuss has to carry this for 90 minutes. He tries. Really he does, but the nothing-is-really-going-onnesss catches up to this one badly.
½ September 7, 2017
Great cast, Dreyfus, is wonderful as a down on his luck compulsive gambler, who on a hunch from a audio tape his wacky friend recorded, bets his last bucks. This snowballs into a funny 'day at the races'
April 6, 2017
A movie about a gambler whose history of losing bets on the horses doesn't stop him from letting his money ride. Richard Dreyfus is fairly good in this and I don't like many of his movies. Sometimes it can get really silly with the acting but if you can look past that its a fun movie to watch.
March 23, 2017
It' was a funny movie when it first came out and still holds up today. Not sure how the critics got this so wrong...
March 12, 2017
A very funny and feel good movie.
February 28, 2017
Very funny and colorful.
January 1, 2017
I saw it years ago on cable and watched it many, many times. I'm a fan of Richard Dreyfuss - from American Graffiti to Moon Over Parador. Great ensemble cast.
August 18, 2016
Best sleeper comedy out there. Fine, appropriate cast. Just something about the whole thing that works, that's funny.
July 10, 2016
Not the best horse racing movie ever but absolutely the best horse track movie ever. If you've ever gone to the track this movie feels like home. Amazing fun performances all around with a great tone.
½ July 10, 2016
An awesome perspective on the life of being a degenerate gambler. Its amusing and it has a certain charm.
December 20, 2015
I love this movie and I am not a gambler! It's magic lies in the perfect casting and the script! A must see! Funny with heart! "Am I having a good day or what?"
December 5, 2015
Pure enjoyment, a romp of a comedy! Dreyfus and Garr as husband & wife? How could you go wrong?! Robbie Coltrane absolutely kills as do so many others in the supporting cast. Bravo!
April 26, 2015
is it the greatest move ever? No. But it is entertaining thanks mainly to a solid performance from Dreyfuss.
April 18, 2015
This is the kind of feel good story Dreyfuss eats up and he's funny and wonderfully needy in this pleasant enough little comedy.
April 9, 2015
Once in a generation a film manages to capture the hearts and minds of a nation.
½ December 30, 2014
Let It Ride is bearable at best. It's bad, but unfortunately not enough to be ironically funny. Weak gags falling flat, unidimensional characters poorly acted, questionable directing, and flawed editing and story-line make this attempt at a fast paced comedy a dull and forgettable movie. I give a star for the effort and the acceptable writing, and half a star for the presence of a young, seductive Jennifer Tilly.