Let Me Make You a Martyr Reviews

• Mar 05, 2019

This story is so hard to follow. I saw it on its opening night at the Circle Cinema in Tulsa. The visuals and music choices aren't bad, but upon viewing the first scene of the movie, it becomes instantly clear that this film was created with very little attention to detail. The audience is submerged into an opening that relentlessly insists badassery with overly intense music, gunfire, and a house invasion. The protagonist is extremely bland. It feels like we weren't even given a moment to get to know the guy until nearly the end of the movie; not to say that any other character gains the audience's interest in the least bit; they are all extremely shallow. Female characters are a completely different can of worms. I found it both taxing and offensive to watch every single female character conveyed as helpless, weak, defenseless, dependent, and sexually objectified. Even the child, who was used as a not-very-clever symbol of innocence, was sexualized through the whole film. Marilyn Manson as shorter screen time than anyone else in the movie. Kinda like the directors just decided to throw him in the film but didn't have any unfilled roles, so they compromised the whole story just to have his face in it. The characters do not speak loud enough to understand what the hell is going on, the acting is atrocious, and everything comes across as a compilation of movie tropes. This movie was forcing intensity into every scene possible, being quite honestly draining for the viewer. It closes with the same uncomfortable confusion that introduced the film. It was oddly fitting. Nevertheless, nonsense. I reccomend to only watch this film on Bad Movie Night.

• Feb 12, 2019

The movie is about facing your life and death. Facing the "gatekeeper". It is extsestential. The only characters that mattered were the man and interviewer. Manson also represented something, death comes. How will you respond to.the gate keeper when it is your time? With honesty or accolades? Ego? Pride? Will you confess your deepest sins?

• Oct 11, 2018

It was a movie that had all the right ingredients: revenge, drugs, murders, trailer trash, gangsters, etc. Yet the plot left too many unanswered questions re the big picture (the surrounding events and what led to all this) hence that was a disappointment.

• Feb 09, 2018

While the thought was nice, the movie really just has you waiting for something riveting to happen, and before you know it, its over. Its a good plot wasted on poor writing. Not to mention that Manson's role as Pope, as good as it was, is barely in the film.

• Dec 18, 2017

Vrea sa fie destept dar nu reuseste

Vrea sa fie destept dar nu reuseste

• Dec 05, 2017

2.4/5 Let Me Make You A Martyr dis a mess in almost every sense: it doesnt know how to tell its story, characters and relationships are poorly developed, and most importantly, it only barely uses Marilyn Manson in the film, suggesting the project was dead since its inception and they only wanted to make it barely cult worthy.

• Nov 25, 2017

This film over plays it's hand. While the acting is superb, the dialogue is very deliberate, and the asymmetrical story telling captivates you at first; by the end of the first act you find yourself asking "Is every scene just going to be an artistic excuse for one masturbatory monologue after another" and the answer is yes. The film feels like a Tarantino story in a Rob Zombie scenario. Every meth-raddled white trash-hodunk character in this film has the lexicon and poetic cadence of Christoph Waltz. And while the artistic drive of this film is enough to hook you in at the beginning, it requires a very unique suspension of disbelief to sit through scene after scene of self-aggrandizing god complexes. The plot is very deconstructed from the beginning and requires undivided attention to really appreciate, though it pays off if you are willing to work for it. Choosing to combine the broken linear structures of both flash backs and time jumps, the film can be quite jarring. The cinematography in this film stands as one of it's strengths. The warm color splashes with hand held close ups really conveys the intimacy that this film represents. Without question, this film's main focus is it's cast. While the film is advertised as a Marilyn Manson film, he is actually in very little of the film. Though his scenes are very intense and well done. Really, the film is carried by Niko Nicotera and Sam Quartin as the protagonists and Mark Boone Jr. as the main antagonist. Each scene with any of those 4 actors plays almost as a demo reel for future work.

• Nov 08, 2017

Dis be not so good part for Marilyn Manson, dis movie be boring af!

Dis be not so good part for Marilyn Manson, dis movie be boring af!

• Oct 19, 2017

This movie is not worth the time. Manson did fine but didn't fit with the rest of the movie.I literally created an account to hopefully spare someone two hours of self indulgent Hollywood tripe. Pretty sure the writer had never even seen the South. There is so much about this movie that was ??. This movie would not get past my "gatekeeper of sorts" I can't pick a worst scene. Can not unsee.

• Oct 04, 2017

I feel cheated , swindled and at a loss for words . What a heap of steaming dung. Crime drama my arse. Nico who? Light weight embarrassing small potatoes Yay look at us everybody .... We got Marilyn Manson... He 's so creepy and spooky .... This alone does not make a movie. Over wrought repetative precocious garbage