Let the Right One In - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Let the Right One In Reviews

January 21, 2017
Very very good. A must see for any horror fan
December 29, 2016
a very very good norwegian romance horror. it's definitely a right one to let into your horror colllection. would even go so far as to say it's 1 of the top 2 or 3 movies i've seen this year of any genre. certainly the best horror i've seen since orphan. my only complaint was the ending felt a little bit too simple but it's a very minor negative in what is an overall refreshingly exemplary non-lovey dovey take on the subject. SPOILER ALERT coz i gotta say it... it's the best vampire film since interview!
December 28, 2016
Normally I'm not one to enjoy vampire movies. However, the movie tells about a unique relationship between two children which I found very enjoyable. I found the horror elements worked perfectly with the relationship as it showed how both of them have a dark side. Each scene was original and was also helped by a good soundtrack. I would highly recomend this movie.
November 21, 2016
The best vampire movie ever made.
(But watch it with the subtitles, not the overdub.)
½ November 20, 2016
This is probably the best vampire movie ever but is also one of the best movies , period.
½ November 13, 2016
A horror with heart. Vampires have feelings too you know. This is actually a sweet story and it's done very nicely, not over baked. Somehow the blood and gore is almost a back story. A very classy horror, well made and convincing. Never thought I'd see a mature vampire film but yeah, here it is.
November 5, 2016
A beautifully underplayed take on the classic vampire mythology. An arresting visual style replete with claustrophobically tight shots of the central characters both exposes them utterly and hides most of them from the audience - not unlike the film's somewhat defiant attitude in expressing clearly Oskar and Eli's feelings while also refusing to divulge much of the story behind the appearance and motives of the girl with a taste for blood. Recommended.
October 19, 2016
This is a beautiful film about love and friendship. And vampires. It's dark and twisted but uplifting and wonderful.
October 18, 2016
Probably the best vampire movie in existence. Haunting.
October 10, 2016
A raw story that's as gruesome as it is emotional, its power really comes from its various character roles including friends, lovers, bullies, parents, and vampires.
October 8, 2016
Cold but very touching story made me trembling watching movie.
September 24, 2016
With solid acting and pacing, and an intriguing tale, Lindqvist and Alfredson deliver an entirely unique twist to a old tale without the need of many special effects. I'm glad to see so many appreciated it the way I did.
September 6, 2016
Amazing film directing is perfect acting is prefect I found myself super invested I just love this film
½ September 4, 2016
An excellent study of fine filmmaking.
½ August 26, 2016
Never trust the rating score and review I'm sure there are some people who got paid for that . Ok this movie is so boring that makes me yawn classic like 80's style yet the makeup is kinda funny in some scene the plot is typical nothing new to it a vampire kind of creature blah blah blah what a waste !
½ August 7, 2016
Let the Right One In is the thinking man's Twilight, except it depicts a much healthier love story.
August 5, 2016
There are few masterpieces in cinema any more, but this is one of them. Lina Leandersson, as all the actors, does an incredible job. No CGI, no overblown effects. Just an exceptionally written, directed, and acted movie.
½ July 27, 2016
Burdening affection.
May 20, 2016
The idea for the film had potential but was let down by the character's unrealistic reactions to situations - particularly any scenes with violence. Also, the vampire's henchman is completely incompetent at his job - I know it's hard to get the staff but, if your life depends on it, be more thorough when hiring. There is also no real background to any of the characters and odd things placed in the story which are unexplained.