Let the Right One In - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Let the Right One In Reviews

April 16, 2016
Probably the best vampire movie ever made.
April 3, 2016
Direção excepcional, roteiro excelente e atuações perfeitas transformam Deixa Ela Entrar em um dos grandes filmes deste século.
½ March 31, 2016
What a great exploration of childhood and an incredibly restrained and accurate portrayal of a novel. The film is almost melodramatic but never strays too far into it and uses its real world setting and atmospheric imagery to drive the narrative rather than it be a CGI vampire fest. This has some of the most memorable sequences of all time too, like that pool scene, fuck.
March 25, 2016
I like both versions equally
March 23, 2016
A fascinating movie, in which a young boy meets a mysterious girl, and falls in love, despite the fact that she isn't human.

This movie keeps an eerie but slow moving pace that keeps you interested the whole time. It's two child leads are exceptional, and this movie is a rare example of a film whims horror elements does not revolve around jump scares and gore, but use phycologial thrills.
½ March 22, 2016
Let the Right One In is a gorgeous piece of romantic horror, as well as being a grisly new direction for the vampire subgenre. Even through a somewhat stilted English dub, the overwhelming sense of love for and connection to the film's characters remains.
½ March 19, 2016
Looking for an excellent Swedish teenage vampire flick. Look no further. I found one for you. Now, go watch it. You're welcome.
½ March 19, 2016
stunning, beautiful, haunting
½ March 7, 2016
Yo she fucked everyone up like daaaaaaaaaaamn. That's the kind of hoes I fuck with.
March 2, 2016
My favorite vampire movie. Proof that there is hope for the horror genre.
March 1, 2016
My favorite movie of all time.
½ February 7, 2016
a heart felt, but dark and compelling work of cinematic beauty. a tale of a bullied 12 year old boy who befriends a vampire is a gem that uses a different take on the vampire genre and delivers something wickedly sweet. a rarity and one of a kind
February 6, 2016
LET THE RIGHT ONE IN... your dvd player - DON'T LET THE WRONG ONE IN (= "in me let"),

This review is from: Let the Right One in [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
+++ no information about plot. Thus NO spoilers :-)

This is really a fantastic film and one of the best, which I ever saw - and I have seen many many films. I watched "Lätt den rätta komma in/Let the right one in (LTROI)" in the Swedish original with subtitles. In Germany usually ALL films are dubbed, which I loathe.
I generally love to see films in the original version, because that feels simply "more genuine" than any dubbed voices.

1. the Swedish here contributes a great deal to the singularly melancholy tendency of the film. Another wow-aspect: the unbelievably great music-score, which NEVER forces itself upon, as like much too often in other films. And thus this Score supports/fosters the atmosphere in a simply magnificent way (the US-remake "let me in" - LMI - lacks this quality completely - too bad!)
2. the two young actors do act completely more unspectacular and natural - particularly Lina Leandersson as Vampirella Eli is fanatstic. She manages to enact her characters Eli in a way, that arouses compassion and affection for her and she also creates one of the most memeorable vampires of the entire history of film. Eli became truely 3-dimensional and alive for me. Very awesome!
3. the integrated coming off age part with first love/affection is told in such a marvelous visual language and patience that it was really a true benefit for me. Nothing here feels fake or specially designed-in. Oskar and Eli let me sympathize emotionally so much with them.
4. furthermore there are several takes and scenes, which I am never about to forget. Not to mention the virtuoso camera, which pleased me extremely well.
The original scenes were filmed in the winter with up to -30 degrees in north Sweden - and thus they feel so much more genuine and right, than the obviously way cheaper fake cgi-FX from New-Mexico USA in the remake LMI. (e.g. see the swaths when breathing out in the cold winter air).
5. the direction also provides some shock moments, required for a real vampire story, yet only to surprise me with a scene of such delicate tenderness and silent poetry shortly thereafter. Unbelievably beautiful. And kind of fairy-tale-ish. I loved that aspect.
-------------
Lätt den rätta komma in/Let the right one in (LTROI) is superior to the US-remake LMI in literally ANY REGARD.
Not, because the original is always better by mere definition, but:

a) because of see above 1st and 4th aspect.
b) the 2 main characters in the original are "more alive and real", have more intelligent dialogues (the dialogues between the two US-kids in the remake LMI are so shallow and stupid, it is really hard to believe!) and hence their fate also affects me so much more.
c) because some of the best scenes from the original were dropped, for what strange reason ever.

All in all LTROI creates an almost impossible blend/split between cruelty and tenderness, and this is truely great art !!!

Let me in - on the other hand only is exciting entertainment cinema with some shock elements supplied. (approx. 3 - 4 stars)
However it is probably just perfectly sufficient for undemanding US mainstream audiences.

Rating = 95% (MASTERPIECE)
######################################################################95%
February 1, 2016
The best and most unique vampire film I've seen. The soundtrack is a special treat as well.
January 29, 2016
A very unique take on the vampire genre. Excellent writing, directing and cinematography. A well developed and unique character study.
½ January 27, 2016
This is a Swedish teen / vampire movie which mixes joy and melancholy.
January 13, 2016
the trailer in no way gives you a clue what the movie is like. the subtleties of the movie were so perfect and certain things done so right plus the the brilliant detailed perfection in acting of the main 2 characters make it a ten trust me.
½ January 8, 2016
It is a vampire movie. If that's your thing it's pretty good. It isn't my five star type of movie, vampire movies in general.
January 6, 2016
It's a miracle because not just makes your jaw drop but satisfies on every level makes you cry and revolutionizes a whole genre. One of the most effective movies of the 2000's.
January 5, 2016
and in the darkened underpass I thought oh god my chance has come at last.