Lethal Weapon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lethal Weapon Reviews

September 14, 2016
"I'm too old for this shit..." No, Mr Glover: you're never too old for this and it certainly isn't shit. "Riggs!"
½ September 10, 2016
The apex of the buddy cop comedy action thriller. It is such an influential movie to the action genre that I recommend everyone see it.
September 10, 2016
One of the best action movies ever made, which redifines, not only the buddy cop genre, but the buddy film genre itself. Directed by Richard Donner, it stars good old Danny Glover and Mel gibson, who make a great duo. Even part of the good musical score itself, was done by legend Eric Clapton. Well it's not a comedy movie, there is a bit of humor in this film. A good action movie. Recommended !!
September 8, 2016
Favorite Mel Gibson movie, action packed and funny and entertaining!
August 23, 2016
Lethal gave me a nostalgia trip, despite never having seen it. This was a movie that would be strictly off-limits to me as a child, but the style and feel of the film is reminiscent of the action movies my friends and I loved before our tenth birthdays. Glover and Gibson both submit wonderful performances, especially Gibson, who plays a complete maniac with a convincingness that was probably more revealing than people realized at the time. His mythical heroism here is fun because it's convincing - the insanity aspect covers for some more farfetched parts of his character. Having to see Gary Busey was the only real negative of this film, together with the idiotic final fight scene.
½ August 20, 2016
It really didn't take a lot to impress movie fans of the 80s. "Lethal Weapon" is the poster child of the buddy cop genre, but as beloved as it is, it's hardly masterpiece material.
August 14, 2016
The Front Lawn Brawl will always be a Classic Fight Scene. ???????????
½ August 11, 2016
I liked it, but I will admit I do prefer Die Hard (1988) to it, but that makes sense because I prefer Willis to Gibson in general. I liked Glover's performance too. I'm totally going to end up watching the rest of the Lethal Weapon movies I'm sure
August 6, 2016
I'm getting too old for this shit.
½ August 2, 2016
Never boring, never cheesy and always punchy, Lethal Weapon deserves its status as one of the all time classic action films. Lethal Weapon boasts quotable dialogue which is delivered brilliantly by Gibson and Glover. It refuses to partake in the modern day action cliche of shaky cam, favouring easy-watching well choreographed car chases, shootouts and fights. It's not the best Christmas action flick out there (thank you Die Hard), but it's certainly a complete package.
July 29, 2016
Mel Gibson is Martin Riggs and Danny Glover is Roger Murtaugh in the classic action film Lethal Weapon. Riggs is an explosive and lethal cop that is shoot first, as questions later. Murtaugh is the exact opposite and does things by the book and is calm. When heroine smuggling scheme case comes up and Murtaugh's daughter is kidnapped, it becomes nothing but personal. Lethal Weapon features and helped define all of the elements that are in many cop movies. The action is solid, and Gary Busey plays the classic henchmen top villain. The movie features solid characters and chemistry and holds up well for its time.
July 19, 2016
There's a reason this was the template for every action movie that followed for a long time.
July 15, 2016
One of my favorite films. The perfect buddy cop movie. Non biased 4stars, personally 5 stars. The set up to the characters is great. The comedy is funny, a couple of gut busters. The action is real and believe able. The crash of characters fit the actors very well. Excellent writing, good performances, solid action, and all around good film making.
½ July 14, 2016
Lethal Weapon is one of the pioneering great action films and what makes it work, especially as a franchise, is the thrilling nature of the climax and undeniable chemistry between Gibson and Glover. It's one of the all time defining action films.
Martin Riggs, a suicidal loose cannon detective, is partnered with no nonsense veteran cop Roger Murtaugh to solve a murder of a troubled young woman caused by a gang of armed heroin smugglers.
The 1980s was a great time for the action genre. Rambo, Die Hard, Arnold flicks, and Lethal Weapon were some of the defining titles of the decade. This is also one of Gibson and Glover's big breaks into film (Gibson had a little bit before this), and Lethal Weapon defines great performances and chemistry. An odd couple chemistry between the two reasonably started the "buddy cop" genre, with some one liners and explosions everywhere, Lethal Weapon is one of a kind. In a field of tons of action films with the same general atmosphere, Lethal Weapon stood out and was a humorous thrill of a film. Great performances from Gibson, Glover, and even Gary Busey, playing the primary villain. The general atmosphere for some parts feels a little more dull, notably in the beginning, but picks up a lot towards the end. Lethal Weapon is gritty, thrilling, and one of the all time great action flicks. Lethal Weapon soon became a hit and led the way for three sequels, which I will also be reviewing.
July 12, 2016
Funny, intense and most importantly, enjoyable. 'Lethal Weapon' is likely the best entry in the franchise and starts off the Gibson/Glover pairing with quite a bang.
July 11, 2016
The technical filmmaking is a little dated, but thanks to the impressive chemistry between Gibson and Glover, Lethal Weapon remains a significant entry to 1980s action movies
July 10, 2016
I'd say probably my second favorite cop movie behind RoboCop, it's a true classic a fun watch to anyone who hasn't seen it. Mel Gibson and Danny Glover have a really good balanced chemistry.
½ July 10, 2016
Lethal Weapon begins with a young girl jumping off a building, and appearing to commit suicide. But, once new partners Roger Murtaugh and Martin Riggs begin looking into the case they learn that the girl was actually poisoned and murdered. So, they begin investigating and learn that this case is far more dangerous than they initially thought. Overall. Lethal Weapon is a fun 80s action movie that features two terrific characters, fun action, comedic moments, and times that the film has a more serious tone that make it more than just a cheesy action movie.
July 8, 2016
Mel Gibson is awesome (but insane, in the movie and in real life)