Let's All Hate Toronto Reviews

• Sep 07, 2010

An ok idea of debunking the myths of why the rest of Canada hates Toronto and where all of the perspectives come from, but unfortunately despite a couple of interesting little factoids the doc comes across as unfunny and pretty amateurish along with the fact it seemed to be ripping off the styles of Spurlock and Moore the narrate its story rather than finding its own identity. Towards the end of the film the fact that the cameras turns on toronto itself and its own securities was probably the most engaging part but unfortunately came a little too late for me. Disappointing and would love to see the idea revisitied by another filmmaker at more length.

• Sep 05, 2009

The Flixter description is so completely not what the film is. AT ALL. It's not about the Who. It was an okay film, not likely to interest anyone who hasn't called Toronto home at one point or another

• Aug 08, 2009

I really liked the premise of this film. Having lived in Toronto and enjoyed my time there and grown up in a part of the country that hates Toronto and "Upper Canada" in general, I think I hold an interesting perspective on the issue. At first, I was laughing along like a good little viewer as Mr. Toronto makes his way from Newfoundland to Nova Scotia to PEI and then to Quebec. To Quebec? What the eff happened to New Brunswick? Some cross-country tour! Maybe that was the point of skipping my province? So that I would hate Toronto? Well, it worked. Well, at least he seemed to skip most of the Prairies too. Seriously though, at some point in the film, the premise just wasn't enough to keep my interest. I must confess to falling asleep for the very end. And I blame the movie for that. So, in the end, familiar landmarks and relatable Canadianism can only take a filmmaker so far. In the end, it doesn't leave me pondering why Canadians hate Toronto. Rather it leaves me asking, "Why do Canadians suck so bad at documentaries?"

• Mar 05, 2009

A very funny look at Canada's obsession with a hatred of Toronto.

A very funny look at Canada's obsession with a hatred of Toronto.

• Jan 19, 2009

An important documentary examining Canada's nonsensical hatred of the greatest city in the entire universe. Why must you hate Toronto's humble magnificence Canada? Just embrace the greatest.

• Oct 23, 2008

I live in Toronto, and I was totally unaware that my hometown was so hated across the country. After watching this movie, I can see why. Sorry, Canada! I just live here.

• Aug 17, 2008

Not bad look at Canada's continuing hatred of Toronto. The film is suppose to be tongue in cheek while trying to find the reason that the rest of Canada hates The Big Smoke. The filmmakers walk an uneasy line between serious and humour that really clashes with each other when trying to make a point at certain times. And even though I am from Winnipeg, I was really unimpressed that they skipped Saskatchewan and Manitoba while on their "Toronto Appreciation Day'" tour across the country. Lost alot of points with me on that one!

• Aug 12, 2008

Cheesy as, but rather amusing to a point.

Cheesy as, but rather amusing to a point.

• Jul 30, 2008

Nicely portrayed issue of a Canada's unification problems and how the politicians and people in all the provinces deal with it. He skipped right over the Prairies! Go figure. Ontario being one of the richer provinces, and Toronto, unlike Ottawa is targetted as arrogant, self-centered and money hungry. Do you agree? lol!! Mr. Toronto is hilarious! If he wasn't so brazen, don't think this film would have worked.

• Apr 22, 2008

i wish i could get the time back.

i wish i could get the time back.