Let's Get Lost - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Let's Get Lost Reviews

October 4, 2015
I love the juxtaposition of Baker's sweet laid back sound and the sad, out-of-control life he lead. The film is beautiful to look at but it is paced too slowly.
March 12, 2015
I bought this movie about a week ago and got it in the mail today. Watched it at 10 AM and just finished with it, it's 12:03 PM now. This movie was really great, sad too. A touching story. I would really recommend this.
½ December 6, 2013
Dated and far-too concerned with style.
½ July 25, 2013
Highly intimate account of jazz musician Chet Baker.
May 21, 2013
I had missed it, and this film is the best documentary I have seen about a musician. Mesmerizing from the beginning to the end. Fall into the abyss of a broken man whose talent is limitless.
January 27, 2013
Magnifique documentaire autour de la derniere annee de la vie de Chet Baker (la plupart du tournage est de 1987) et de quelques images d'archives.
C'est un tres beau travail d'artistes, le film ne se voulant absolument une biographie lineaire.
Le noir et blanc est sublime et sied parfaitement a ce personnage.
Le film tout en en disant pas mal, parvient a laisser planer une zone d'ombres autour de Chet, figeant son image d'icone.
½ December 7, 2012
A very personal and beautiful work from Bruce Weber.
December 5, 2012
Amazing compilation of testimonials to try to give a glimpse in the life of legendary cool jazz trumpeter Chet Baker. I personally waited for more than 10 years to watch this piece of cinematography gem and I must say it was worthy. The black and white gives the disconnection of reality, the poetic introspective look inside Chet Baker that I longed for. It is as astonishing as William Claxton photograpic work. Brilliant! Last time I saw such photogenic poetry was in Bergman's Persona, I think.
½ April 17, 2012
Every jazz fan should see it. Moving, sad, great bio on a great musician who got lost.
½ July 15, 2011
A beautifully shot documentary on a very tragic life. Chet has a very hypnotic charisma and voice. I can see why so many were enraptured with him...and conned by him, disappointed by him, affected by him. I think his voice is more haunting than his trumpeting, to be honest. Very good documentary.
May 23, 2011
Impresionante pelicula que detalla de manera casi unica el auge y caida de uno de los mayores genios del Jazz. Escalofriante sobre todo en el detalle de sus aņos de decadencia pura. Ahora bien, es en blanco y negro y esta rodada de manera un tanto hipnotica. Una experiencia unica.
January 14, 2011
blurry borders of dreams and reality... and Chet Baker.
December 1, 2010
Warts and all doco about trumpeter Chet Baker who lost his way after stardom in the 1950s. Beautifully shot but full of non-sequiturs (what's Flea doing on that beach?) and a certain overly pretty quality. But the melancholic tone carries the film and even if Baker isn't sympathetic, his music connects on an emotional level.
November 26, 2010
film o chetu bakeru. cool dokumentarac o cool glazbeniku
May 3, 2010
Stylish biography of the jazz legend, but one of limited in interest to the audience.
½ May 3, 2010
BBBeautifully shot, interesting subject who's a key to a lost era of jazzers, who just knew what they were about, but not great at 'life'.
No commentary, lets the people speak for themselves, and if versions conflict, you decide.
As few films are, and fewer documentaries, this one is watchable.
May 2, 2010
Always two side of the story with Chet. What a great musician he was... Great filming btw.
April 30, 2010
wow umn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch......its got a good cast of actors/actressess thorughout this movie....i think that dean baker 2, paul baker, chet baker, carol baker, vera baker play good roles/parts throughout this movie.......i think that the director of this drama/documentaray movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie.....i think that chet baker was a great jazz trumpeter...its got a great cast throughout this movie...its a brilliant documentary movie 2 watch
½ March 31, 2010
Fascinating people and gorgeous Bruce Weber photography.
March 30, 2010
A thoughtful, but monotonous, documentary of a tragic jazz figure. Much like Chet Baker's music, the tone is continually soft and low-key. I suppose the most damning criticism I can make is that the film failed to convince me of his genius -- his trumpet-playing was lovely, but not uniquely so, and his endless parade of melancholy love ballads did not connect with me at all. What made him focus so exclusively on this sedate, "cool" style of jazz? "Let's Get Lost" won't tell you. In a way, I think director Bruce Weber was "lucky" that his footage was shot so soon before Baker's death, because the film wouldn't be as notable if not for its happenstance feel of an epitaph.