Let's Make Love - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Let's Make Love Reviews

½ July 28, 2010
This has got to be my least favorite movie starring Marilyn Monroe, mainly because it is a waste of talent. The idea is interesting to a degree, but when your lead character doesn't have charisma and Marilyn is only used as a mannequin it becomes frustrating. I would say that with a better male lead, this might have been amazing, but what's left is a mixed bag. The only real bonus to the movie is seeing Marilyn Monroe in underwear for the majority of her screen time whilst singing about sex.
July 22, 2010
A dull musical comedy, short on music and light on comedy. Monroe brightens the screen every time she's on it (which is far too seldom), and her number "My Heart Belongs to Daddy" is lively, funny and sexy. If she were the center of attention and the film kept that number's energy, this film might be more watchable.
May 24, 2010
below avrage for the cast and the lifestyle for Monroe at this point is showing as well
May 22, 2010
Surprisingly alright and quite funny in places.
April 9, 2010
Acceptable, and memorable in the odd part - perhaps more for its storyline than its musical numbers. But overall, miss it and you won't miss out.
½ March 29, 2010
Mediocre movie with some nice cameos as millionaire Yves Montand tries to woo chorus girl Marilyn Monroe - what a surprise that he would have won her just by being a nice guy!
February 4, 2010
This is probably my favorite Marilyn Movie.
November 17, 2009
I enjoyed the music. Sometimes I hit play on the DVD player and just let it run in the background for the music. being Madonna generation baby I see where Madonna gets some of her show stopping ideas. Marilyn was def more subtle with her ability to provide sex in a scene. :-)
September 26, 2009
It had some very funny parts. A lot of big names appear in this movie. The story was cute. Nothing exceptionally good or bad about this movie. Mostly just Marilyn doing what she does - being cute, beautiful, and glamorous.
August 30, 2009
What really makes this movie is the cameos by Bing Crosby, Milton Berle, and Gene Kelly...I was hoping before Gene Kelly showed his face that it would be Fred Astaire but you can't get always get all your favorites in one movie.
August 22, 2009
me encanta gene kelly y me gustaria mirar esta peli ya que en mi pais no tengo acceso a estas.Gracias
August 3, 2009
let's make love is possibly marilyns best. it's at least in my top 3 along with river of no return and gentlemen prefer blondes. it's solid from the start all the way down to the little details such as bing crosby making a five minute appearance to train our billionaire protagonist how to dance. the support from tony randall as clements assistant coffman and wilfred hyde-white as george welch. it begins with marilyn dancing and singing seductively in some black tights and a big blue cardigan of all things unsexy, but it's so memorable because of it. just goes to prove some will look good in anything... but then there's so many funny parts. focusing on marilyn again here but there's one point where she just quips "when you get up on that stage just think to yourself i'm a louse, i'm a louse, i'm a louse" when she's encouraging him to play himself to his full potential little realising he actually is him. sound confusing? just watch it! marilyn at her most theatrical!
½ July 3, 2009
So...not Marilyn's greatest movie, but I did enjoy the music numbers and the various funny parts with Jean-Marc Clement. I just liked seeing how he dug himself into a deeper hole trying to win Marilyn's affections. Worth a watch.
½ June 7, 2009
I believe this is the first Marilyn Monroe movie I've seen in a decade, or maybe even longer [ever]....
She was definitely born on the right moment to become the starlet that she was... Cute storyline, simple yet suave musical numbers, light humor and romance. I liked it :)
½ May 27, 2009
Loved the two songs " My heart belongs to daddy " & " Let's make love " They r worth watching. The usually stunning Marilyn Monroe looked a little stout in some shots but overall a good performance by her as compared to her usual dumb blonde acts. The movie went on and on about the billionaire trying to fit in the broadway scene. There r some really funny scenes of his futile attempts but it got boring at some point. I would've loved some more screen time of Gene Kelly with Montand.
An average entertainer that attracted my attention because of Marilyn Monroe's name attached to it. The elevator scene at the end was so romantic and very much the 60's style that i adore.
½ May 17, 2009
her presence makes the hole picture!!!
March 30, 2009
The only reason most people would see this movie is to watch Marilyn Monroe, and really, the only reason to see this movie is to watch Marilyn Monroe. Yves Montand's accent is difficult to decipher at some points, though you could always count on Tony Randall to draw you in. However, the story is recycled '60s sex comedy fare, and really, Doris Day and Rock Hudson pull if off better. And the songs, except "Let's Make Love"...maybe...feel slapped together. The celebrity cameos delivered a couple high points, except Milton Berle's section was too long while Bing Crosby and Gene Kelly's sections weren't nearly long enough. However, like I said, the reason to watch this is for Marilyn Monroe, and this is yet another example that shows she really could act.
January 12, 2009
Funny and she looked gorgeous.

wonderful,she's so cute.fits her role perfectly.
January 11, 2009
A good hollywood romantic comedy. Monroe's dumb blonde is just a foil to Yves Montand character who provides all the entertainment.
shesdownbytheriver
January 10, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested.