Letters from the Big Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Letters from the Big Man Reviews

July 10, 2016
Over the years there have been almost many movies made about the legendary creature called Bigfoot, as actual sightings of the beast. Most cast him as a brutal monster ripping apart campers and being a menace.
This film takes a much different approach. Most people claim that their encounters with Bigfoot as awe inspiring, almost mystical. And that's how this film makes it out to be. Bigfoot is in full view almost the entire time, but since they're not trying to hide a monster, it feels natural. The film is also packed with wonderful visuals of scenery and music. A real sense of magic and awe flow over the entire production.
July 14, 2015
When I was watching this film, I felt kind of lost in the forest, but then, when I finished it and set aside my laptop, I realized this film went far deeper than it first appeared to me. And I couldn't stop thinking about it for the next few days. In a word, this is one of the movies that remain in your mind for a very long time.
October 13, 2014
A strange movie about Sasquatch that had some good things going for it, namely the costume was good, the location shooting was good, and the lead actress was fun to watch, but the score to me didn't match the movie, and the direction the movie took just seemed more and more unbelievable, even for a movie about cryptozoology.
October 6, 2014
Beautifully filmed, well acted and a truly lovely story...about a sasquatch..yes
½ July 23, 2014
Disjointed and rambling effort with many inconsistencies, stilted "acting" and a head scratching ending. The extra half star was for Karen Black who always shone.
½ December 11, 2013
Not for those who are seeking an imitation of Harry And The Hendersons. Letters From The Big Man is a really interesting story about what it might be like to encounter a bigfoot while hiking through the wilderness. The creature isn't glamorized, nor is it hidden, but rather it is simply there as a part of nature. I loved this movie's quiet casual demeanor. A sub plot involving the central human character's possible love interest is a little unnecessary, but it doesn't intrude upon the the focus of the plot.
March 14, 2012
Definitely want to see this!
November 10, 2011
2 starts for cinematography. Other than that I simply couldn't relate with the characters at all. I like a lot of slow-paced films, but this one tested my limits. Maybe it's because it was the 4th film I had seen that day at Sundance, but I really didn't enjoy it.
April 8, 2011
I enjoyed the cinematography, wild beauty, entertaining storyline, and will probably buy it when it is available.
½ January 28, 2011
A plodding and pretentious attempt to tell the tale of Sasquatch that proves to be a bundle of Indie-film hogwash.
Actress Lily Rabe is solid in the lead, but she's stuck in a film that is more about mood and tone than it is actual story or character development