Letzte Zug, Der (The last train) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Letzte Zug, Der (The last train) Reviews

½ October 6, 2015
The most powerful moment for me was when the Wehrmacht soldiers stood up for what was right.
December 10, 2013
how do I watch it ???
May 12, 2013
movies like this one is sometimes hard to see but needs to be seen. It is a German movie with captions. It is a sad movie. the last train to the death camp. hundreds of people cramped in cattle carts. escapes are tired and fail. men, women and children died.
May 2, 2013
Extremely graphic and upsetting
April 21, 2013
"Der Letzte Zug" is a moving, tragic story about Jewish packed inside a train car on their way to Auschwitz in 1942. The title of the movie is a misnomer: this train is neither the first nor the last to reach scores of concentration camps all over Europe. Nonetheless, even in the darkest of days, there are still those who held on to their hope that there might be a chance of survival ahead of them...however slim it might be.
February 13, 2013
Just so powerful - it feels wrong to say I enjoyed it but I did - really makes you think how lucky you are.
½ June 14, 2012
Contains Spoilers_
very good movie great acting and was intense, the ending could of been better wasn't informative enough what happened to the girls dad?? , would of been better if it showed him survive the camp or if he was to die the scene of him dying...
would of been more emotianal
flixsterman
April 7, 2012
Sadistic Nazis, terrified Jews and a horrific train ride from Berlin to Auschwitz. Powerful and poignant.
October 3, 2011
Engaging, without being overly dramatic. It felt horrifying real. Directing and acting are superb. The dialog, or in my case the subtitles, told only a small portion of the story. It's a visual experience!
½ September 6, 2011
So grim and depressing it was hard to enjoy how well done it is.
½ August 31, 2011
An amazing movie that is just so depressing that I couldn't rate it any higher than 3 1/2 stars. If ever a movie made me hate the Nazi's more than I already do this is it. May all the Nazi's burn in eternal damnation for the way they treated their fellow human beings. That said Der Letzte Zug is a movie that leaves its mark on the viewer. The compassion you feel for the characters is real and you feel for each one of them. At times the movie becomes so overbearing (if you have a hard time with babies in peril do not watch this) that you almost want to weep at the shear madness of everything that happened. Had their been a lighter note for the movie to end on I do believe this could have been as good as Schindler's List but as such I was left cold with a heart full of hate towards the Nazi's.
August 20, 2011
As good as it's saddening. And it's very, very sad.
July 17, 2011
Very emotionally charged movie which shows the viewer glimpses of the real horror during the Nazi regime - man against man and the impact of "power corrupting absolutely". Definitely worth watching.
July 3, 2011
Be prepared for two hours of real humanitarian horror. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is a Disney film compared to this movie. Gutwrenching. Sickening. Harrowing...and I pray that every person that followed Hitler is spending an eternity rotting in hell.
½ June 12, 2011
I cannot imagine the sufferings, the despair, the increasing hopelessness, the days and nights of uncertainty, the thirst, the hunger, the stench, the corpses, baby dying in his mother's arm, and a pail called toilet in the wagon of the last train that woould eventually take them to Auschwitz and certain death.
blizzpirate
½ March 24, 2011
Contains Spoilers_
would of been more emotianal
½ March 20, 2011
Tällaisten junamatkojen jälkeen taisi olla helpotus päästä Auswitchiin.
½ February 10, 2011
I'm so glad I've seen this film. I think it's not enough of movies like this. Very important to watch this.
May 17, 2010
L'ultimo convoglio della morte partito da Berlino con destinazione Auschwitz è rievocato in questo grande film scandalosamente ignorato; inedito in Italia, l'ho visto in lingua originale con sottotitoli in castigliano. Nonostante la sterminata filmografia sull'argomento, la riflessione cinematografica sull'Olocausto non era mai stata nitida come in questa pellicola. Da vedere