Reviews

• Jun 07, 2014

I've over 250 films on my Lovefilm rental list, yet this is what they send me to watch this weekend... Hmm The title says it all really. It's a low budget spin on werewolf movies with Alice Cooper in the lead role. It isn't very good, but it isn't really trying to be. It doesn't quite fit into the 'so bad, it's good' genre of films either. Cooper plays a rock star (so he's basically playing himself) who travels with his friends to his rural hometown to shoot a music video. Their visit coincides with devil dog attacks on the small town populace and it is discovered that Cooper's family have a hereditary legacy of a 'lycanthrope curse'. There have been better episodes of the cartoon series Scooby Doo (which probably had better acting in too). The enjoyment factor depends heavily on whether or not you like Alice Cooper. I do, but his presence isn't quite enough to carry the film. There is however, a great Alice Cooper-penned song which the film starts and ends with and that was enough for me to justify watching this.

• Jul 08, 2013

tongue in cheek b movie horror with Alice Cooper. Approach with caution.

tongue in cheek b movie horror with Alice Cooper. Approach with caution.

• Apr 19, 2013

I love Alice Cooper but this is fucking terrible. The only thing I liked out of this whole movie was the two songs and you can find them on Alice coopers boxed set, the Life and Crimes Of Alice Cooper. This movie is so bad they dubbed Alice Coopers voice so that should tell you something about the quality of this.

• Mar 10, 2013

great fun......old school film cheesy horror shows that sometimes bad is good. Alice Cooper is perfect for the role. I think this director and Evil Dead's director Sam Raimi are on the same bowling team because it certainly has the Raimi feel......

• Dec 06, 2012

Not the greatest werewolf flick, but it's not terrible. Oh yea, Alice Cooper.

Not the greatest werewolf flick, but it's not terrible. Oh yea, Alice Cooper.

• Sep 19, 2012

Damn, Cooper has a snoze, all the better to do coke with, my pretty. Alice Cooper vs rednecks vs monster dog in this horrible movie that mostly appeals to rockers and goth crowds.

• Aug 16, 2012

So my discovery about midway through the movie that this was directed by the same man who made the infamous Troll 2 kind of put things in perspective, because this was quite a corny fucking experience all the way around. I think this might be one of those films that could be a lot of fun with a group, but was largely terrible when watched alone on a random afternoon. Don't get me wrong, the corny '80s vibe of it all is sorta fun, but it's not enough to sustain your interest for the entire film, and a lot of it feels like you're trapped in a music video. Rental? At best?

• Apr 29, 2012

Cooper is awesome, rest of cast sucks, great gore, so... okay.

Cooper is awesome, rest of cast sucks, great gore, so... okay.

• Oct 12, 2011

Welcome to my nightmare. Starting with Identity Crisis which is easily the worst Alice Cooper song I've ever heard, things only get shittier. This is the laziest type of cheap horror movie you could understand. I love cheap horror movies too, don't get me wrong. Aside from some cool gore effects, this one is just a big fucking piece of shit. Its clear that there must have been some sort of interesting story to start with because its got the right elements. The execution leaves us with nothing but a big stupid mess. I really hated this movie. Besides for the shitty Alice Cooper music videos, its not even fun. Fuck this movie.

• Oct 07, 2011

Whoever said that Alice Cooper should act was dead wrong. Coming from the same director of Troll 2, this movie is so bad its good.