Liar, Liar: Between Father and Daughter Reviews

• Jul 31, 2014

When watching a movie review on YouTube, I was recommended the 1997 Jim Carrey comedy "Liar Liar". I searched for the movie, and accidentally found this instead. Without further consideration, I decided to watch it, because it looked descent. I found a good film, but it's anything but funny. Liar, Liar: Between Father and Daughter is a very realistically-portrayed Canadian film about a girl accusing her father of sexual abuse, and her family being torn apart by this. There's court trials, stress, guilt, it's exactly like watching a real life abusive case. And, wouldn't you know, it was actually based on a true story, which doesn't surprise me. The film took many twists and turns, and I was actually starting to doubt the daughter (named Kelly), was telling the truth at one point, though I hated the characters of her father and mother. I won't spoil anything, but the story wraps itself up perfectly. While it may be too realistic and disturbing for some, and some tidbits go nowhere (for example, Kelly makes a boyfriend that only appears twice to cheer her on), this is one of the best films I have ever seen, because it made me feel more than I have in quite some time. Now, if you'll excuse me, i'm going to offset my emotions by watching something more lighthearted.

• Dec 23, 2010

There is a bit of a debate about this movie being a true life movie or a work of fiction.

• Feb 03, 2009

Wow, pretty horrible thing actually.

Wow, pretty horrible thing actually.

• May 21, 2008

good movie this movie is great!

good movie this movie is great!

• Jan 26, 2008

a brilliant film.it left me in tears

a brilliant film.it left me in tears

• Sep 25, 2007

Could have been a lot better.

Could have been a lot better.