Lies My Mother Told Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lies My Mother Told Me Reviews

October 25, 2012
Very sad. Good acting by the entire cast.
June 21, 2012
It's a good but sad story of unconditional love, with a mother who can't help herself, who can't follow the rules, who loves living but can't do it without her freedom and own will and a daughter who loves her mother, even after all they went through
May 7, 2012
Monday, May 7, 2012

(2005) Lies My Mother Told Me

Another inspired by true events, made for tv movie and part of a two movie rental DVD starring Hayden Panettiere as Haylei Sims narrating her experiences while going on the lam with her mother who was 'Americas Most Wanted' who lies cheats and and steals from unsuspecting people, and eventually murder. Tired genre without showing who the movie is referring or based on!

2 out of 4
½ September 5, 2011
the story itself isn't all its cracked up to be. But the fact that its based on actual events gives it power. Joely Richardson carries the movie as a fugitive mother, who along with her young daughter, leaves a trail of warrants across the country. When she settles with a wealthy attorney, her past demons come back with a vengeance.

Though its very much a "Lifetime" movie, it has a nice sense of freshness to the genre. There are a few plot twists that seem to never get explained in full, but its a Lifetime Original, so you get that you pay for..

If you're in on a Friday night, or you're a fan of Joely, i recommend it.
June 11, 2011
Nice made for tv movie. Hayden did great! I liked the black horse and the little girl who played the little daughter was so cute. The ending was sad. 6/10. Worth a look.
June 21, 2010
I loved the movie. Hayden's acting was amazing. The movie was interesting and kept me wondering what was going to happen to the daughter.
½ June 5, 2010
Lies My Mother Told Me: Quite an interesting movie. Kinda dark. I'm not sure if I liked the fact that this woman took her daughter with her while she commited all these crimes. But, at the same time, they had to remain together because they were so close. I don't know. It was an okay watch.
April 7, 2010
i love lies my mother told me its a realy good movie
January 1, 2010
like watching and sharing with my friends
December 16, 2009
this movie is awsome
December 12, 2009
well umn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch....its got a good cast of actors/actressess thorughout this movie...i think that colm feore, hayden panettiere, jasmine berg, natasha henstidge, kailin see, joely richardson, rainer kahl, tim henry, tom carey play good roles/parts throughout this movie....i think that the director of this drama/crime/comedy movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie...i think that this is a good movie 2 watch with a good cast thorughout this movie...i think that this is an entertaining movie 2 watch
August 30, 2009
Not half bad for a lifetime movie.
April 29, 2009
This is also a very good movie!Its very interestring
March 2, 2009
I was an extra in this movie yu can see me in one of the courts scenes . It was a good movie and now I can say I worked with Hayden Pnettiere from Hero's. She thanked me for helping her cry!!!
January 22, 2009
The plot sounded good, I thought I would enjoy this, have my attention not been diverted whilst watching this, I may have enjoyed it even more, bit disappointed.
January 10, 2009
i love hayden and want this but it never been out in th uk:(
November 25, 2008
i have watched all of these movies
July 18, 2008
it's a really good movie.
May 29, 2008
I love this movie its the best,her mom is in and out of jail the girl lives with her grandparents while her mother is into all kinds of trouble and then she get married and kills her husband and the daughter doesnt know what there running from but she's soon to find out
May 17, 2008
Very well done. Not only was the story strong, but everything behind it as well. Panettiere did an amazing job. I loved the fact that this movie was based on actual events, which made it even better.